Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:16   #1

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
Men

This should get some funny answers. At 63 years old I am not afraid to come to terms with what we as men realy are. WE ARE BOYS. Yes Boys we never grow up. Yes we get married and we have a family (well some of us do) but in the reality of it all we never grow up. Sally asked me to change my jeans (only had them on for a week) and please empty out my pockets. What did I find. 1 Pocket knife, 3 meters of 3 strand poly line, the pin from a shackle, a cork from a bottle of wine, backy,papers and a bic lighter, Wallet with pieces of paper with details for the perfect boat and an idea for the forums to be sent sometime. Oh! and a new design for a Junk sail for a friend in california. The only thing missing that I had as a 6 year old kid was a conker but health & safety say we cant play conkers any more. In the wallet was NO money I am only trusted with cash when WE go shopping cause I might lose it when I take out my hanky. No not to blow my nose but to use it for what it was intended to wipe some dirt of the engine and then polish my knife. Women on the other hand have to grow up because they marry and have a boy for a husband that doesnt realy understand the other things that need to be done in the home or boat. They have the washing to do (if they can get the cloths off us. All the cleaning that we said we would do after we had just finnished reading the artical in the mag we are reading for the 20th time. Oh dinner is ready How did that happen while we the boys were discussing the more important things in life like how to get the B*&#y out board to start. Also all the other things that just seem to happen like the kids looked after the trash taken out the ironing done so we can swan around the marina looking like we just came out of a cloths shop. So lets face it BOYS we are and BOYs we will remain but please give a thought to that lovely person you cuddle up to at nigt in an anchorage with the wind blowing in the rigging and when she says ,(is that the halyard smacking the mast) get up and shut it up. The halyard not your cuddly warm loving WIFE. After all this have we got it yet.....Yes They are priceless so treat them as such and you will only benefit.
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
There you go, giving away more of our power base :-)
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:47   #3

So you wonder why woman cry at there wedding
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:56   #4

Maybe it's the women who need to lighten up.
Left to our own devices, men will manage to eventually find something to eat and something with which to clothe themselves. In the meantime, they'll also manage to get that outboard started.

Women assume that if they don't do it, it won't get done. No -- it just won't get done on THEIR schedule. Who says THEIR schedule is the only way to do things?

It's not that men are boys, it's that women are busybodies and some time around 15 years old develop the need to tell everyone how to live and the attitude that they are the ones who know the right and only way to do it.

So there!

DGC
DavidGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09   #5

Boat: FP Orana 44
Women complains about men because they never change.

Men complains about women because they change.
Sail IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:42   #6

Boat: 34 Sabre Tempest
And here I thought that..... girls just wanna have fun!!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:18   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
I agree that women need to be girls more often. Too often I see them taking life too seriously by not playing enough. There must be a balance in life between work and play. Too much of either is not a good thing.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:53   #8
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail
my dog is a boy that never grew up. i did.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:14   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Priorities. I think when you live with a woman whose priorities will fit with yours you have done well. Living aboard on my own I have to care about washing clothes and floors and dishes and I have systems, if you like, to help me manage but I haven't known many women who would be comfortsable with my approach. I love to cook and always have so that's easy for me. My galley table vacillates between various states of tool, book, wire and paper coverage and I have known woman for whom that would be overwhelming. Computers, tools and musical instruments tend to overflow their originally designated homes but I try even when I'm on my own. My studios over the years have tended to slowly degrade in organisation until I feel the need to wind up cords and put microphones away, my offices suffer paper and book overload and shops get messy. Now that I live on a boat I've had to come to terms at least in part and try to become more balance. How's it going? Well, I have a disassembled anchor windlass in my cockpit waiting for a part, books, bandaids and a wiring project on the galley table.

In addition to thanking woman for their contribution to our well being I would like to thank them for their patience since growing up does take time.
hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:24   #10

women

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGC View Post
Maybe it's the women who need to lighten up.
Left to our own devices, men will manage to eventually find something to eat and something with which to clothe themselves. In the meantime, they'll also manage to get that outboard started.

Women assume that if they don't do it, it won't get done. No -- it just won't get done on THEIR schedule. Who says THEIR schedule is the only way to do things?

It's not that men are boys, it's that women are busybodies and some time around 15 years old develop the need to tell everyone how to live and the attitude that they are the ones who know the right and only way to do it.

So there!

DGC
you have meet the wron women
Old 09-03-2010, 08:27   #11

Hummingway has a very good point. That is why I love my wife so much because today I am playing on the computer and she has the salon table to herself with a cook book a sewing machine a pair of plyersand the wire on the radiator in her han d to repair it. She is doing the repair because it needed doing and at the time I was doing another job. See it works well
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48   #12

This should get the boys going and the girls laughing. our discution 5 mins ago. here you are love a nice cuppa me to Sally. I will cook tonight why dont you shoose the film me to Sally, Sally to me I will cook if you like and you choose the film. Me reply ok have chosen the film now get your things on and we will go out to dinner.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53   #13

Boat: Ericson 35 Mk III
Feelsgood,
Your wife is a lucky lady.
SVMorningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56   #14

men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMorningStar View Post
Feelsgood,
Your wife is a lucky lady.
nope! nope! dont agree I am an old softy and just LOVE her to pieces
and mean it
Old 09-03-2010, 09:56   #15

Boys or men - whatever
If you want a happy women then help out, take turns, whoever cooks the other one cleans up.
Women stop complaining about it NOT being absolutely perfectly done get over it at least let him try to help out. I know that I will stop helping if someone continually tells me I am doing it wrong.
If you want to go out and play then get a list mid week of all the things that really, I do mean really need to get done at home before that can happen and ask which ones she wants you to do. You will be out sailing with a happy mate sooner and more often.
the_cowper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, what women want, women