Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12   #181
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
tell me ask yer mate---they will get a laffter .........is all......arent many men willing to give up their posh life for cruising with a female with a kat and a big boat------
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 14:02   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
tell me ask yer mate---they will get a laffter .........is all......arent many men willing to give up their posh life for cruising with a female with a kat and a big boat------
Hard time reading your combo of color/font/mis-spelling, BUT is this word laffter, laughter??

IF so then I say:
Are you really that cynical?? If you can't ask your mate virtually anything then you've got the wrong mate..

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 14:07   #183

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
Hard time reading your combo of color/font/mis-spelling, BUT is this word laffter, laughter??

IF so then I say:
Are you really that cynical?? If you can't ask your mate virtually anything then you've got the wrong mate..
She don't got one.

+ that font is really hard to read.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 15:02   #184

Boat: Catalina 30
Send a message via Yahoo to anjinsan
Ok..I did not read the entire thread either..but my answer to all your problems is..."Dump her!!" Find yourself a Japanese National...traditional one....tech her to sail..your live will be good. Met mine on the internet.
anjinsan
anjinsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 16:26   #185

not cynical--realistic-----visit other forums---read of the females seeking males --females who are sailors , females who own their own cruising and sailing boats----where are the men for these women---there are many of us ladies with no mates-----guess why-----you males are too wimpy to hang with STRONG women.....you all say you WANT one---yet, what do you do when ya find one???? ya dump her because she wont wear perfume or whatever YOU want her to do.....not cynical, honey---REALISTIC
i am 60 yrs of age----there are not many men who can hang with an active female of 60 who has had boats of her own since 1990 and sailed nearly all her life---i do my own work. i live my own life. there are not many men looking for that kind of female--you wanna take care of the little woman. how do you do that with an independent salty female who probably is able to sail better than you??
how do you handle that?? run like hell???? most of the men i have ever met do just that. i worked sports car racing for many years----those boys said exactly as i am not saying----if a female is able to out drive or out sail or out anything but cook and clean better than a man, there is not room in the mans life for her. but they all say they WANT one like me......go figger-----i am still solo. have been matched up for only12 yrs of my life. yet i am a"NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK"
i am not bitter i am not cynical---i am just REALISTIC. there are many ladies, such as i, who will be solo for the rest of life because of that fact......so run to your japanese and asian "ahhh-so" ladies and have your feet rubbed and whatever you TELL her to do----i know what they do when you are not home. i heard it all from those i was working with and who worked under me in hospitals......realism AND REALITY really help keep perspective.
does not mean i do no tadore men---i love men---REAL men who arent put off by female strength and independence......those men are very very rare. another reason i am without mate......
Old 07-02-2009, 05:08   #186
CLOD

Boat: none
Wow, only 1 thing in common to all the men who you have met who couldn't measure up and it's you.
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:24   #187
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
.....so run to your japanese and asian "ahhh-so" ladies and have your feet rubbed and whatever you TELL her to do----i know what they do when you are not home. i heard it all from those i was working with and who worked under me in hospitals......
I also enjoy the odd wild generalisation

I like strong women - but IME a fine line between "strong" and "PITA", and that is often a question of individual taste.

FWIW I had one of those "ahhh-so" ladies. And she walked the PITA line. Actually to be honest she spent most of her life well over that line But IME no fundamental differences between those from the West and those from the East - equally mysterious to the opposite sex - they just have different approaches.....although mine never involved any foot rubbing But then again rubbing my feet has never rocked my boat

Doing "whatever you tell her to do"????!!! They come from the East not from fooking Mars! FWIW mine was a cross between Genghis Kahn and a Tiger. With the legs of a Chicken, the ears of a Chimpanzee and the commonsense of a Chipmunk and with all the feminine guile of a Lumberjack ......but the heart of a lion Occupation? "Recreational Hoodlum and all round complete f#cking nightmare". East or West ain't too many quite like that. Perhaps fortunately
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54   #188

Boat: Catalina 30
Send a message via Yahoo to anjinsan
Damn...love to meet that woman. Well, mine does give the foot rubs..course I rub hers back...she keeps a clean boat and house...keeps the rice, sashimi and miso soup on the table for when I get home...gives me a nice hot bath and never askes.." What did you mean 8 months ago when you said............?" or "why does getting into bed always lead to sex?" or...My friends boyfriend said that he thinks you should do such and such!!...these things I only heard from Round Eyed Women. Sorry, my vote is for going off shore. And, look for one from that little group of Islands that is not in Asia...you know..the ones that used to smash their plans into us? They have their faults, but the women sure know how to treat a husband.
Anjinsan
anjinsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:59   #189

not alll round eyed wpomen are the same---there are a few who donot appreciate what the stereotypical felame has done to the men of this nation----however0---i am glad you are happy---is good for folks to be happy--i will be finishing the weork on my formosa and sailing --all of it solo---have fun---i am........i donot have to share my boat with someone who will ultimately steal it from me and claim that he paid for it and treat me like dirt the way the men of usa treat their round eyed women........
Old 07-02-2009, 08:17   #190
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
is good for folks to be happy
Yup

Happy voyaging
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 14:48   #191

Boat: 27' Norsea
Send a message via Yahoo to jwidahonurse
Hello, I am sitting here reading all of these posts and chuckling. Men and women trying to figure each other out is asking the impossible. If a woman wants to sail..and there is the trick..if SHE wants to sail, then a partnership needs to be formed. But, it will be unlike a partnership with another man. A woman can function with the sails and all as a man does. But, we have many more facets to our thinking. It isn't black and white. We have an emotional aspect to our thinking. It is a mystery and only the ones who understand that fact can succeed....Just my opinion
jwidahonurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 14:55   #192

The admiral is not a sailor, would never have become one or gone on any recreational boat were it not for me. But she does it because she is with me and we are a couple. I do everything I can to make her "comfortable" and this means mostly fair weather sailing, little night sailing (she get's a bit nervous) and she doesn't have to do anything aboard that she would do or doesn't do at home. So this means she does a bit of cooking, cleaning, running the sounds, and some "watch keeping" so I can take a few. If she's not happy, I am not happy and she makes sure I know that.

Now some females I suppose would take to sailing like a duck to water, but not my gal. She aboard because she likes to be with me and we go to some lovely places in the summer. But there are weekends I spend alone as she doesn't even want to be on board. Her choice.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 15:50   #193

Boat: Beneteau 50
I read a few of the earlier posts and all I have to say is... thanks. Enough said.
bene505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 18:09   #194

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop
I realize that I am the minority but.....I value the really nice Gill foulie and Musto bibs that my husband gave me for Christmas last year. I value the Spider ski jacket and bibs he gave me this year for Christmas for our annual ski trip. Diamonds just don't keep me warm and dry and this mamma is happiest when warm and dry!

Practical gifts are the best for me but hubby did buy me some black pearls that I wear 24/7 while in French Polynesia and I value those. They are my only jewelry other than my wedding band.

Get to know your woman and things will come natural. My thing is warm and dry so we sail tropical and I have good foulies and ski gear.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:45   #195

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
B$£%##dy hell

From now on I am keeping a shot gun near by
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote