Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 09:36   #1

Boat: Hunter Legend 35.5
Send a message via Skype™ to Esc Pod
Introduction of S/V Esc Pod and crew.

Hello all! We are a family of 4 that have been part time cruising for the last 4 years on the Chessy in our Ericson 28+. She is now on to a new owner and we have 'upgraded'(??) to a H/L 35.5. There are some that might say that this wasn't much of an upgrade, but we got a good boat with more space! (kids continue to grow no matter what....weeds they are!) And Esc Pod (aka Essie) is a great sailing boat that we have had very pleasurable extended cruises on here in the bay.

Due to some of the pressures and concerns with the local high school (our 15 year old) and a desire to relocate for other personal reasons as well, we have decided to shove off on July 1st (our anniversary, the admiral it sentimental like that) for a one year cruise. We thought that it would be a great opportunity to expand all of our horizons while looking for another port city we could call home so the girls may finish high school and move on to what they do and then we may sail off into retirement. <fingers crossed>

Our youngest daughter, and my First Mate, has ASD. While this has been somewhat of a challenge, sailing has also be very rewarding to her. The irony is that her condition is usually anti-social in nature, but not her! If you have met her, you will remember her! Our little 'dock diva'.

We have 2 other daughters (from my first marriage) that have grown and gone. One married, the other in college. Hopefully somewhere along the way, they will meet up with us and travel for a short (or long) stay. They did enjoy a week long cruise with us in the Chessy this last season, and that 22 year old has a bit of salt in her blood! I am glad I could pass that along...hahaha!

The capt doesn't 'Facebook', but the admiral does, so you may see her in groups there. She mentions Women Who Sail and Kids for Sail, as some of the groups she is involved in. Maybe Essie will have a FB page one day, but right now I am in the mode of making her cruise ready(ish) and that is quite time consuming......but I love it!

So, here is to the year ahead and all the new friends that we will be meet!
Esc Pod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, introduction