Thanks
I know DR by boat and air.
Heading there shortly...
Hopefully splash today and go...
cheers
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:38   #92

Boat: Westsail 28
Married to the same woman for 33 years so far. Currently cruising Mexico (yes, with her) in a 28' boat.
syoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 16:59   #93

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
For those men soon or recently turned single-handers - you want to make your way to Luperon, Dominican Republic. Then rent a small motorcycle from Jose and tour the mountains. There are many, many young women trained in the "old world traditions of womanhood" who will make your new life very pleasant and they will be very happy to take care of you and your boat the way a man should be . . .

Just don't bring em home to find out what they can get away with.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 17:36   #94

some pay them to stay
some pay them to leave...
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:13   #95

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
That is truth beyond question for any female acquired outside the USA.
- - Sort of like, walking your skinny kid down the street every day and passing the candy store by while telling them how bad the stuff is for them. Then one day you let them into the store with a good supply of coins. Result, fat kid, rotten teeth, and you will never get them off the stuff.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 18:02   #96

Boat: 1962 Sunfish
Wisdom.

This thread keeps getting better.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:40   #97
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Any advice on places to avoid?
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:46   #98

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post

Walmart, Publix, Golds Gym, Village Jewlers, Mercedes dealer,..............Miami International Boat Show.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:55   #99
cruiser

knew an airline pilot who brought home to suburbia a stunning Asian gal who waited on him hand and foot. local gals couldn't stand it and took her to driving lessons and the mall and in just a few months totally ruined her. know another pilot who has a Russian wife and he keeps her on a ranch out west and so far has avoid the trap .... last I heard anyway ....
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 17:02   #100

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
pirate What did you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
32 years married, 10 of which have been spent aboard.
What did you do that was so bad that she booted you off the boat for 22 years?

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:52   #101

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
- - As far as actual places, any large city or suburban environment. Especially those with mega-malls. Small villages, sea-side towns and back water bays still seem to be "living in the past" which is good.
- - The biggest problem besides what michaelsusa mentions is Television. The advertisements and soap operas will turn her into becoming a good little brainless consumer with a hatred of any traditional woman's partnership with a husband. Look what TV has done to the children and you will realize the "drug" rotting effect it has on the human brain.
- - Only way to keep the damage to a minimum is to stay living onboard and keep moving around frequently. Then as soon as possible get back outside North America to the islands or deep woods back country.
- - In the vein of the CF thread on women with issues and other threads about finding partners - finding a USA female who can actually co-exist happily on a cruising boat is nil to nothing. As others have mentioned the few - very few - ones who can are taken. The normal American female will probably jump with joy with the idea of cruising to exotic locations on your yacht until you get to the part where you tell her she cannot take 2 or 3 baths a day (maybe once a week). Then when you mention she cannot bring cosmetics, creams, skin conditioners, and other grease laden products that wipe out the plumbing in your boat, her expression will change. Finally, add in the reality of not being able to instantly, constantly text and talk to her girlfriends and hang out at "malls" and you will probably find her raising both hands at you in a middle finger salute as she departs.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:42   #102
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
" In the vein of the CF thread on women with issues and other threads about finding partners - finding a USA female who can actually co-exist happily on a cruising boat is nil to nothing. As others have mentioned the few - very few - ones who can are taken. The normal American female will probably jump with joy with the idea of cruising to exotic locations on your yacht until you get to the part where you tell her she cannot take 2 or 3 baths a day (maybe once a week). Then when you mention she cannot bring cosmetics, creams, skin conditioners, and other grease laden products that wipe out the plumbing in your boat, her expression will change. Finally, add in the reality of not being able to instantly, constantly text and talk to her girlfriends and hang out at "malls" and you will probably find her raising both hands at you in a middle finger salute as she departs."

dont know where ye get this bs from-- only a certain percent of felames are like this.

as for the part of this paragraph stating that the females who willingly cruise and sail without complaint or problems or complaint---ROFLMFAO>>>> we DO exist in greater numbers than you can believe. just open your eyes. we are all around you..
as for the ones who can are taken--LOOK AGAIN!!!!! THERE ARE MANY OF US SAILING CIRCLES AROUND YE..lol
TO Hades with tv, cremes and bs felame crap...malls so sukk. look in your viewfinder-- many women sailing-- many like it --many would probably enjoy sailing even with you, ossirisail...lol..although i would not sail with you due to attitude poisoning.

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:42   #103

Boat: never wrecked a boat while awake or sober
27 years married. 9 of those cruising. (not all at one time) Met my bride in St Bart in 79.
I had a 21' island sloop, she was "crewing" on a 40' swan.( She wondered if I ever took the boat outta Gustavia )
She took a step backwards joining me, but things worked out.
bruce smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:48   #104

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
Married for 27 years, getting ready for the "big move". I honestly don't know why she has put up with me for that long, but I'm glad she has.

To wit: We are attending the Strictly Sail show in Chicago and she wanted to discuss the seminars WE were going to attend. I told her to go online and make a list of her choices, then we'll see what both of want to sit in on.

Her choices: Ocean voyaging preparation, Cruising for couples, 10 things they never tell you about cruising, sailing made easy (she is a newby sailor), coastal navigation, beginning celestial navigation.

My choices: Roll and tip painting, core replacement, hardware mounting, plumbing, sailboat steering maintenance and repair.

It would appear that we both have different goals in mind, mine is to keep the boat afloat and maintained, hers is to go "somewhere".

This is going to be a LOT of fun.
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:07   #105
CLOD

Boat: none
I was wondering how long a recent post would take to get some fireworks.

I wonder what would the response be if we posted a "How many cruisers wished they were married" thread?
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote