Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Am I crazy for not understanding my girlfriends feelings???
Happy... You're an idiot... Having somebody that cares that much is priceless... 15 42.86%
Happy... I understand her feelings, but I agree with you... Your last sail was together... 7 20.00%
Happy... In this case, I don't think your girl's feelings are justified... 7 20.00%
Dood... If you do this, you are never getting any... Uhm... conjugal relations ever again... 12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 16:02   #46

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
Re: HappyMdR's SAILING relationship poll !!!

I am not voting but I am opinionated and will share my opinion.

Your girl sounds very young and self centered. She, hopefully, will grow out of it. But this episode is emotional black mail of the first order. Manipulation pure and simple.

I am not going to offer any advice on how to handle this with her. But I would not put any effort in to "trying to understand". I sincerely doubt you are lacking empathy. But she asking you to "prove" your love in the most immature way. This is no different than a toddler tempertantrum. She chooses the memories...you can not spoil any memory for her. She will do that all on her own.
Sea Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 00:18   #47

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
No, it isn't in Volume 1 .

SWL
Lassie - that book is not Volume 1 - it is the executive summary of volume 1, which in itself is the first of 39061 volumes which are a shortened version of the explanation of where men's and womens' logic differ.

The biggest US government supercomputer has calculated that the answer to "why women and mens logic differ" question will be available about the same time as the sun goes supernova.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 00:42   #48

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: HappyMdR's SAILING relationship poll !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Lassie - that book is not Volume 1 - it is the executive summary of volume 1, which in itself is the first of 39061 volumes which are a shortened version of the explanation of where men's and womens' logic differ.

The biggest US government supercomputer has calculated that the answer to "why women and mens logic differ" question will be available about the same time as the sun goes supernova.
That's the beauty of O'Reilly's comment: it offers the correct answer without much futile analysis.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:31   #49

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
That's the beauty of O'Reilly's comment: it offers the correct answer without much futile analysis.
Futile analysis? It is like managing a disease with no regard to what caused it in the first place. Major problems are therefore just about guaranteed to follow.
That statement underscores that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, like nothing else does .

Guys, just read Happy's last option in his poll.
The fact that this could even be considered a possibility means Happy has some brushing up to do regarding his skills in certain departments. Fix that and most of the other problems will dissolve or at least fade into insignificance .

Anyone able to PM Happy with some tips in this department?

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:55   #50

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Futile analysis? It is like managing a disease with no regard to what caused it in the first place. Major problems are therefore just about guaranteed to follow.
That statement underscores that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, like nothing else does .

Guys, just read Happy's last option in his poll.
The fact that this could even be considered a possibility means Happy has some brushing up to do regarding his skills in certain departments. Fix that and most of the other problems will dissolve or at least fade into insignificance .

Anyone able to PM Happy with some tips in this department?

SWL
Lassie, The fact that Happy didn't just say "yes dear" means he hasn't had the experience generated by the joys of living through (and surviving) many relationships (like me).

This is really a no brainer - if it means that much to his wife - then just accede to the request and don't worry about it. drink your beer on someone else's boat or in a bar on the pier.

Happy's fourth option (which I voted for) - no nookie for you until hell freezes over, might be a bit exaggerated, but if he does go sailing I don't think he should expect to come home and find his wife in a "come here studly and do your worse" attitude.

Could be wrong I suppose.

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 07-12-2015, 04:27   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandero View Post
This is an idiotic thread and hard to believe that we are talking about adults and not adolescents. Really DUDE... grow up and think for yourself.
I'M THINKING I OWE SANDERO AN APOLOGY IN THE SAME FASHION AS THE EARLIER INSULT! Turns out MdR was only sorta funnin' around.

This
was a clear-cut example of a "Yes Dear" situation.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:58   #52
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:47   #53

Quote:
Futile analysis? ... That statement underscores that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, like nothing else does ... SWL
The above is a prime example of why Lassie is Queen of the Med, and Goddess of Gaia. Where a mere mortal (dare I say female?) might have scratched my eye (I'm not telling which is the good one, the eye patch could be camo ... I mean it's not camo-colored, it's black but ... it's kind of a red herring ... not that's it's red ... sheesh) out, she has simply chosen to insult all men equally rather than single me out as male chauvinist pig. A tip of mah Tilley to yer, Lassie. Arrrggghhhh!

v v v v

[For REAL men only: ... come on, we all know the score here. Women can be lewd, they can be shrewd, but they cannot be construed. Fact, Jack.

Think wedding pictures fer chris' sake: They cost a fortune, you're never going to look at them again but she's going to cherish them. Sure, you might glance up on the mantle to recall what you looked like with hair but that's just an unconscious reason to have another beer. She'll cherish them, Bud. Geez. Don't get me started.

In Happy's case, I'm guessing he's already said "yes, Dear", he's just using the forum like the dunk tank at a fun festival.

This won't solve Happy's problem cuz he's ready fer a new toy but I'd be willing to fly to LA on my own dime, get in Happy's sea-ready Morgan and deliver it to Biloxi for nothing! What a guy! Thing is, I'd want to harbor-hop to see the senoritas, divert to the Sea of Cortez for some adventures, stop and see Zeehag for some undercover action, maybe a hurricane will happen ... all up I could probably deliver the boat by early 2018 or so.

Say the word Happy, and I'll put my boat on the hard, and head your way so you can make that little gal as happy as she's ever going to be. My motto is "a happy little woman is a gift from the gods."

Happy, this could be you ... thanks to me:

She already looks a bit on the plump side which wouldn't bode well for me. The dummy groom kind of looks like MarkJ. The names may have been changed so they could put this very blessed day on the Internet for us to cherish and share. Thanks Mark.

I'm happy when everyone's happy. Just sayin'
Old 07-12-2015, 05:52   #54
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Thank you Happy for allowing the world to judge your girlfriend and her personal message to you w/o her knowledge. I'm sure she would be delighted by your sensitivity to her privacy and your maturity and bravery in handling these matters all on your own w/o strangers. We stand in awe and so does the poll, apparently.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:57   #55

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Thank you Happy for allowing the world to judge your girlfriend and her personal message to you w/o her knowledge. I'm sure she would be delighted by your sensitivity to her privacy and your maturity and bravery in handling these matters all on your own w/o strangers. We stand in awe and so does the poll, apparently.
Well it's not as bad as the guy who posted pictures of his all his wife's shoes (that she had on the boat)

I can't remember his name, but I bet he's still diving every day in an attempt to find his cajones (larain babbit did not live in vain)

Old 07-12-2015, 06:06   #56

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
The above is a prime example of why Lassie is Queen of the Med, and Goddess of Gaia. Where a mere mortal (dare I say female?) might have scratched my eye (I'm not telling which is the good one, the eye patch could be camo ... I mean it's not camo-colored, it's black but ... it's kind of a red herring ... not that's it's red ... sheesh) out, she has simply chosen to insult all men equally rather than single me out as male chauvinist pig. A tip of mah Tilley to yer, Lassie. Arrrggghhhh!
Do they have a curtsey smiley?

Actually no insult was intended.
I actually mistook this thread as a lighthearted bit of humour. That fact that I totally misjudged this if it is for real, underscores I know nothing about men (well, maybe except in certain areas ).

Quote:
She already looks a bit on the plump side which wouldn't bode well for me.
She does at least look clean Crabby. Gosh men are never satisfied

With love,
SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:09   #57

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Gosh men are never satisfied

With love,
SWL
Oh Lassie - but we are easily satisfied. as the old saying goes

"Come naked, bring beer, don't stand in front of the TV"

How much easier can it get? And what woman would not immediately fall for man with that attitude?

Old 07-12-2015, 06:22   #58
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Cannot understand the big deal.. arrange the hand over for a Sunday evening.. climb on board Friday before and spend the last two nights the 3 of you will be together chilling out with fond memories of laughter and tears.. a friend is moving on so to speak..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:25   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Last night as we were going though more stuff to throw / donate, wife came across our youngest daughters dresses from when she was very young, Wife wanted to keep them, I told her sure we can store this stuff, but she started crying when our daughter wanted to throw them away.
You never know what they find important, just whatever it is, even if it seems silly to you, don't belittle it. To them it's important
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:41   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Well it's not as bad as the guy who posted pictures of his all his wife's shoes (that she had on the boat)

I can't remember his name, but I bet he's still diving every day in an attempt to find his cajones (larain babbit did not live in vain)
Beer sez it's the guy claiming to be photographing anchors. Good cover.

Tags
poll, sail, sailing