Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2016, 09:07   #16

Boat: Albin 36 Express Trawler
Re: Economic vacuum shedding dog???

Suijin: what is it?
vlathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 09:08   #17

I have went through a few vacuums with Akitas over the years, had a dirt devil ,it works, had a mini shop vac also & that can pull up water fairly well & the shop vac has its place...the dirt devil well its like a small cheep car ya know,it will get there.......hopefully. .....the Dyson you need to try & compare. It is hard to believe it does so well..& every time I use it I am suprised at how much it picks up..the storage where the junk goes is kinda small but it emptys easy ..bad part is its close to 400 but it is the best one I have used for the hair.
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 09:26   #18

Boat: Sandibar 35

We got this Black & Decker 12V vacuum with cord in the fall and I've been quite happy with it. Decent price, stows small and seems powerful enough. Then again we don't have dogs.

Auto Flex Vac - BDH1200FVAV
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 10:56   #19

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Dyson makes a small vacuum that is cordless & the storage is a wall hanger charger & it KICKS BUTT....I have a 135 lb Akita...when it's time ,well maybe you have heard the saying, sheds like a big dog!
I have a big Dyson ashore.... it will suck up the whole dog.....
Old 24-11-2016, 12:06   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I have a big Dyson ashore.... it will suck up the whole dog.....
My first Dyson tried that,my Akita killed it! took months for them to get along, but we are all good now
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 12:48   #21

Boat: Lindenberg 26 & Aloha 8.2

I have an 18v Ryobi and my son has the previously mentioned De walt 20v,both handy vacuums on the boat but unfortunately no match for dog hair when it comes to fabric cushions, in fact I don't think such a vacuum exists at any price. I have failed miserably at getting all the dog hair out of cloth seats in various automobiles I have owned over the years, even using big shop vacs, Fein wet and dry vacs etc. I think its time for new cushions with dog hair proof coverings. Just about any vac will pick up the hair off hard surfaces.

Steve.
clockwork orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 12:49   #22

Boat: Nordhavn 47

We love this one from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Dec...V1200/11080497
jkleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 13:16   #23

Pet hair glove with those silicon nobs on one side and texture static on the other. One for your pet and the other for textiles. Works like a charm without the energy requirement.
SV DestinyAscen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 15:14   #24

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfi View Post
anyone know a good small vacuum for the rug and salon cushions? I have the shop vac, its great but not for this application.

Thnx in advance. 32' ericson
We started with a Waeco re-chargeable vacuum. not a lot of power, and the battery was only good for a few minutes. Discovered this little beauty in Malta. It is ideal for a boat (assuming you have an inverter, or gen, or dock power.

https://www.bomann.de/products/en/Sm...m-Cleaner.html

From memory, it cost us around EUR35, so no problem with the price either. It has plenty of suction, and tucks away in a stuff-sack.
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 15:38   #25

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Dyson for sure. Used to dunk cat and then carefully comb her out. Sooo, dunk dog and comb out...will reduce hair by a bunch.
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 09:03   #26

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Vacuums like Dirt Devils with rotating brissels only wear the fabric of the cushions prematurely. Go to a dollar store and load up on these. Oh the pains of having a pet onboard...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 09:31   #27

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DestinyAscen View Post
Pet hair glove with those silicon nobs on one side and texture static on the other. One for your pet and the other for textiles. Works like a charm without the energy requirement.
Life long pet owner here...nothing beats a glove with the sticky stuff. Beats every vacuum and is easier in some ways bease you can do it at any time instead of when it is convenient to vacuum. The garden glove works just as well as the gloves specifically for pet hair.
Old 26-11-2016, 17:24   #28

Location: Jane Bay, Barkley Sound, West Coast Vancouver Island
Boat: Cooper, Banner 37'

I personally stay away from the reverse masking tape stuff. I think it leaves a slight residue that just attracts further fur. I swear by the cheap window squeegee. It just rolls the hair up and off. And you will lose the squeegee before you wear it out. Works great on car carpet as well.
seamountie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 22:51   #29

I recently shopped Eureka Vacuum cleaner ( https://www.the-vacmaster.ca/eureka/...r-model-3684F/ ). It removes dirt and pet hair from the floor and carpets. It is also light weight, so it is easy to carry from one place to another.
Hilda12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 16:44   #30

We have two Hunkies so we feel your pain, that hair just keeps coming! After several vac's had failed the endless carpet of hairs we got a commercial backpack Rocket Vac XP and the Cleanstar powerhead. It was the cheapest we've ever bought at $120AUD and does the job in one sweep over. You carry it on your back which makes it easier to use in small spaces and because it's commercial quality the thing never breaks down or loses suction. I've had it for 5 years now and still can't get over how much money I wasted on Dyson's and the like that didn't perform anything like it.
It makes my relationship with my dogs better being able to clean up after them in a flash!
niecy is offline   Reply With Quote