Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 19:21   #16
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
<snip>

You've got some nerve--or some drug? fatigue? problem--when you start "quoting" me on cats and bondage, when no one except you has even used the term "bondage" in this discussion. One of us is being objective and the other outright irrational, and your own quote seems to make it clear which is which.

IIRC, the Egyptians didn't domesticate cats, so much as they worshipped them as gods.
Nowhere in Lorianne's post does she quote you, hellosailor, and it is obvious to me that the material enclosed by quotation marks in her post probably came from a book on cats - it's simply too well-written to have come from you.

And her observation that the meaning of the quoted material could be applied to many, if not most, sailors is spot on.

Neither Egyptians, nor any other group of humans, can correctly be credited with having domesticated cats. Cats are considered to have "self-domesticated," performing the task of controlling vermin populations around human habitations for their own reasons - perhaps for food, but possibly just for the thrill of hunting and killing their prey.

That said, I think this is one catfight I'd just as soon miss.

TaoJones
Old 10-03-2008, 19:42   #17

Boat: Nautitech Prout Something French
Send a message via Yahoo to blondezilla
Well I think one thing has become apparent. There ARE people out there at marinas and the like that would completely flip out and take it personally, and even insult your intelligence should your cat EVER get off your boat whether by purpose or accident.

Wonder who can take credit for domesticating Sailor, if anyone?

Myspace
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Say hi!

"Poverty is the birthplace of revolution."
blondezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 21:43   #18
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
I had a cat once who was into bondage.

Beautiful calico named Jasmine. As a kitten she used to love playing with the belt from my bathrobe, wrapping herself around it then struggling to get out. A few times at the beginning, I helped by making a few extra knots and she would lie there patiently while I got ever inventive.

Soon she would be bringing me that loose terry cloth belt and wait for me to tie her up. The harder the better and to be honest, I made some nasty choker knots that infuriated her, but she would always get out and want me to do it again. The game lasted her whole life.

Jasmine made many yacht deliveries with me, was a fantastic shipmate with a weakness for bondage and chasing flying fish on deck. It was the flying fish that I think caused her demise, because one daybreak at sea, she just wasn’t there.

I loved that cat and I believe she loved me, so hellosailor, tread softly on other people's feelings, we all have them.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 22:26   #19

Boat: Stevens 47 Komaru
Planning to take my 2 Dogs

Our scheduled departure is November 2011, I am planning too take my 2 little dogs (10 & 11), but will not venture too the South Pacific until they have passed. That is unless they are miserable, not sure what I will do if they are. We will not replace them.

Jack
Stevens 47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pets