Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2011, 16:39   #1
cruiser

A Woman's Needs

Hi all I am just setting up my cruiser and never planed on having a women to sail on long trips with, so i was just wondering what mandatory items should i be thinking about installing. I have a head that part is covered, but what about hot water,shower and toilet paper disposal.How much water per day will we use, what about heat will i even use it under sail? I am a guy i can go with out showers heat food large amounts of toilet paper, but I know women can't so any input would be great thanks

Greg New member
30ft Cheoy Lee
gah964ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:45   #2

Boat: Westsail 32 and Herreshoff 28
There is so much to take into consideraton.

Does she have hair under her arms and dreadlocks?
Does she read Vogue magazine?

Is she hearty or does she look like Kate Moss?
endoftheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:55   #3
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Hmm, if you are gonne sail without heat, large amounts of water, food or toilet paper, you may have a hard time attracting a female companion.

Those creatures are pretty fragile and they need lots of TLC plus unlimited amounts of the above goodies.

Hate to break this to you Greg, but to be succesfull in attracting quality female companions of prime age and decent body mass-index, you should talk to your banker about obtaining financing for a crewed mega-yacht with unlimited air-conditon, TVs, maids, entertainment and an itinerary for good shopping utilizing your hard-earned credit card of course.

Once you get the above minor things taken care of, toilet paper disposal will be far down the list of things to worry about.
Old 13-02-2011, 16:57   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gah964ya View Post
Hi all I am just setting up my cruiser and never planed on having a women to sail on long trips with, so i was just wondering what mandatory items should i be thinking about installing. I have a head that part is covered, but what about hot water,
Dishwash/shaving/morning splash heat on stove.
shower
A Definite Must Have... but if your down south Sola Shower Bags are great and keep water use minimum... warm enough to use sea water.. chuck a bucket over each other,, soap then rinse of under Sola
and toilet paper disposal.
If you have an under sink locker fit a small lift lid plastic bin in there )or somewhere with a stock of tie bag liners. Apart from that carry a good brand of Baby Wipes... cheap ones smell yuck.. dual purpose.. cleanses and keeps the bin smelling sweet..
How much water per day will we use,
That'll be down to you..... or is she bigger than you,,?
what about heat will i even use it under sail?
Will you be sailing in cold zones... if so yes you will...
I am a guy i can go with out showers heat food large amounts of toilet paper, but I know women can't so any input would be great thanks

Greg New member
30ft Cheoy Lee

Hoi n De Polloi's

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:18   #5

Boat: No boat, looking again.
Quote:
I am a guy i can go with out showers heat food large amounts of toilet paper, but I know women can't so any input would be great thanks

Greg New member
30ft Cheoy Lee
When I am on my own I can do without showers and large amounts of toilet paper etc but if I want any companionship from having my wife on board, I need to have daily showers and use large amounts of toilet paper and brush my teeth and only wear my bait-stinky fishing shirt when I am off the boat fishing. On the other hand, if she wants to, my wife can use less water, less toilet paper, less soap than me but I don't want her to.
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 18:36   #6
cruiser

Quote:
Hi all I am just setting up my cruiser and never planed on having a women to sail on long trips with, so i was just wondering what mandatory items should i be thinking about installing. I have a head that part is covered, but what about hot water,shower and toilet paper disposal.How much water per day will we use, what about heat will i even use it under sail? I am a guy i can go with out showers heat food large amounts of toilet paper, but I know women can't so any input would be great thanks

Greg New member
30ft Cheoy Lee
I'm sorry the question was for under sail, not docked. i do plan to shower on land and the longest i will be off shore is 3-5 days.
she a 120 pound one and clean.
Old 13-02-2011, 18:41   #7
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo View Post
When I am on my own I can do without showers and large amounts of toilet paper etc but if I want any companionship from having my wife on board, I need to have daily showers and use large amounts of toilet paper and brush my teeth and only wear my bait-stinky fishing shirt when I am off the boat fishing. On the other hand, if she wants to, my wife can use less water, less toilet paper, less soap than me but I don't want her to.
Seems this mans yet to discover the wonder of 'Baby Wipes'

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 18:43   #8

Boat: 1972 Tartan 34C Fleur De Mer
Here are a few not thought of things I have had to deal with when having a woman aboard,
1. easy access to the shower sump, long hair creats a mess and has to be cleaned out often.
2. lots of toilet paper and the kind you can flush, otherwise you will be carrying bags of usedTP with you.
3. My cupboards in the Head are not to big, after the makeup kits, shampoo, conditioners, creamers, lotions, and assorted other womans stuff you will need to find a place for. ( read this as your things need to find a home probably in the cockpit locker.
4. install an extra battery bank and inverter or a generator for the hair dryers and curling irons.
5. find room for a washer and dryer
6. she will need at least 6 pillows
but I wouldnt have it any other way
CDunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 18:45   #9

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40
If she comes with high heels a separate makeup case and multiple hard suitcases on wheels; make sure you stay at a slip in the marina.

Otherwise treat her as crew, show her the ropes and explain water capacity and "short showers".
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 19:11   #10

Boat: Islander 36
Where do you plan to call your cruising grounds? Makes a diff.
Old 13-02-2011, 19:13   #11
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
the kind of paper that can flush in a marine head leaves messy hands. is why LADY sailors use baggies and heavy dooty mega charminfromhell milspecpaperz, mon. and Bag. place small bin in the "bathroom" for her make up and stuffies.
other than that, you guyS are sooo sexist AND FUNNY......
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 19:45   #12
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minggat View Post
Where do you plan to call your cruising grounds? Makes a diff.
This would be the Keys and then Bahamas Don't think i will make the window this year, so i have a year to plan

Cdunc and Sailfast good ideas too.
Old 13-02-2011, 19:46   #13

Boat: 1972 Tartan 34C Fleur De Mer
Call me sexist if you want but we've been cruising around for two years now, thats the way it is and if i want to continue that is how it will be, She likes to sail but she also likes to be a girl (those are her words).. just stating the facts Ma'am
CDunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 20:31   #14
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
aye,but the words used to describe --not all from you, sugah-- youze guys are hilarious to read when y'all talk about ladies in yer lives and the needs therefor.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 20:49   #15

A woman needs .... her own boat. Or a home ashore and an occasional postcard.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote