Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-01-2012, 11:50   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: Quick, I need 10 quick, easy... and meatless... recipes!

Fried Rice

Cook pot of rice

Chop onions, garlic and whatever vegetables on hand.

Saute starting with onions, then garlic, spices to taste, then vegetables in order of cooking time. When veggies are done add rice and stir in until all is hot. Can do with cold, leftover rice.

Old 18-01-2012, 11:51   #17

If you have silky tofu, you can also make a very fast tasty dip and serve it with cut veggies (like carrots, broccoli, cucumber, etc):

Put tofu in a bowl, add sesame oil, a bit of ginger, and salt. Mash with fork and mix well. Serve with veggies.

Old 18-01-2012, 12:05   #18

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.

Peanutbutter and banana on 9 grain!...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 12:08   #19

Boat: Krogen 58' Xiao Xiu
Send a message via MSN to JayCall

Risotto-fix big batch of risotto-arborio rice-in a pan. Risotto is easy, rice in pan, 1 cup chicken or veggie stock, let simmer, keep adding stock as rice absorbs, keep adding stock until rice is soft. Divide up into meal sized portions and save. Can heat each portion in a pan with just a bit of water or stock, add anything that strikes your fancy-veggies, meats, curries, spices. Makes great, quick meals.
Old 18-01-2012, 12:52   #20
Armchair Bucketeer

- Baked Beans on Toast
- Fried Egg Sandwhich
- Tomato Soup (topped by Toast Croutons and loads of grated chedder cheese ).
- Omelette
- Scrambled Eggs on Toast

- Chips (French Fries) if you can

Or maybe you could raise the cooker, to clear the bump? Just sayin'
Old 18-01-2012, 13:22   #21
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Quick, I need 10 quick, easy... and meatless... recipes!

Greek Salad with hot Baguette..
Torn Iceberg Lettuce, quartered tomato's, peeled chunky chopped Cucumber, Onion rings, toss it all with a Olive Oil and Oregano dressing then sprinkle with chunks of Feta Cheese and Olives... serve with hot fresh bread..
To get the bread hot wrap the thick baguette in foil shiny side in and bang it in the oven while you prep the Salad... when you get to the add the cheese stage unwrap to crisp off outside crust while you finish off..
Chopped fresh Corriander sprinkled on top of Salad is a nice finish...
Throw in Atolls lentil soup and you've a feast...

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 13:35   #22
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Quick - I need 10 Quick Easy ... and Meatless ... Recipes !

Oh... just remembered a great dessert to follow the salad..
Get 2 cups of slivered carrots, handfull of slivered almonds, 4 table spoons honey.. Oh... and Greek Yoghurt...
Place a good knob of butter in a saucepan, when it melts add the carrots and quickly stir in.. add honey and 1/2 cup of water.. bring to the boil.. cover and simmer for twenty mins or till carrot is tender.. add more water if drying out..
When carrots cooked bring to boil and heat till oil and honey seperate, toss in almonds stir in and remove from heat.. leave to cool...
Serve on a bed of Greek Yoghurt..
What you don't use stores well in the fridge for next time... if you like it..

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 12:15   #23

Re: Quick - I need 10 Quick Easy ... and Meatless ... Recipes !

Scampi Buzara

Ingredients:
1 kg (2 lb) scampi, washed
100-200 ml (4-8 fl oz) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp tomato puree
100 ml (4 fl oz) red wine
1 Tbsp cognac
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
breadcrumbs
1 tsp black pepper
salt

Preparation:
  1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Shortly fry garlic, add tomato puree.
  2. Add scampi and cook for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and cognac. Boil slowly for about 10 minutes.
  4. Add parsley. If sauce is too thin, thicken it with breadcrumbs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold Pasta Tuna Salad

Ingredients:
1 small can tuna
1 1/2 cups macaroni
1 cup peas
1 1/2 cups carrots, cubed
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dill weed
2 tsp. sugar
salt, pepper

Preparation:
  1. Cook pasta. Drain. Chill.
  2. Cook peas and carrots. Chill.
  3. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, dill weed, salt and pepper in a small bowl; blend well.
  4. Combine dressing with pasta, peas and carrots. Stir well. Refrigerate
Old 19-01-2012, 14:17   #24
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

by now the missus is probably getting pretty tired of egg dishes and pasta, i found a few seafood recipies she may like to get her teeth into!

These recipes have generously been submitted to TASSC for you to try at home. If you would like to submit your own recipe (any kind of recipe) via email, please click here. We look forward to receiving them and trying them in ou...r own kitchens!

Steller Sea Lion Recipes
Sea Lion Ribs
Cut the ribs up in manageable size pieces. Salt and pepper the ribs. Broil until crispy. This recipe is better if cooked over a fire or coals. Barbeque sauce can be used, but just plain salt and pepper is best.

Sea Lion Liver or Heart
After soaking over night, cut liver or heart in small steak size pieces. Dip the steak pieces in seasoned flour mix (flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder) and fry in grease. This recipe is very good fried with onions.

Sea Lion Steak
Cut steak size pieces from the shoulder area and season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Fry or broil. Also good on the barbeque.

Sea Lion Roast
Cut meat from the breast area, place in roasting pan with lots of onions, a few potatoes, and carrots. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 2 hours. Roasting bags can be used and makes for a very tender roast.

Beach-Fire Sea Lion Shoulder Roast
Take the shoulder blade with plenty of meat on it, season with salt, pepper and garlic, then wrap in tin foil. Place shoulder blade side down on coals. About 15 minutes before finished cooking, place beach peas, greens and burnet in the foil with some Lee & Perrins sauce. Cook until done.

Boiled Sea Lion Intestines
After cleaning out the small intestines (baking soda or salt can be used, making sure to thoroughly rinse out), soak over night. After soaking, take intestines and slice a small 1 inch incision length wise every 6 inches or so. Stuff about 2 inch sized pieces of fat into incisions. Braid the intestines with the inserted fat and boil in shallow water for about 1 hour. Serve with Lee & Perrins sauce and rice. Also good cold, sliced and placed on bread with fancy mustard.

Sea Lion Burger on the Grill (Serves many)
Take about 3 pounds of burger (ground with some fat, maybe 5%), add 4 eggs, about 3 cups of chopped onions and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients very well, then shape into huge burgers and grill until done. Serve burgers with fresh steamed fireweed sprouts and rice.

Sea Lion Stir Fry
Take stew size chunks of sea lion meat, flour and season them, then stir fry until almost done. Add a bit more flour and water to make a sauce. Simmer until done and serve over rice or noodles.

Sea Lion Meat, Neck Bone, and Stone Soup
Take stew size chunks of sea lion meat and the neck bones and boil with seasonings of your choice. Add veggies and simmer until done. The neck bones are good to chew on.

Sea Lion Flipper Over a Fire-Pit
Take sea lion flipper and place on the fire to burn off the hair and black skin. This doesn't take very long- maybe a 1/2 an hour with a good fire. Remove the hair and skin as you turn the flipper. Once all is removed, let cool. Place the flipper in a bag with seasonings (salt and pepper) and let sit in a cool place for a day. When ready to cook, simmer the flipper in a big pot with shallow water for about 1 hour. Once fully cooked, take the flipper out and place on a large platter. Eat hot or cold.
Old 19-01-2012, 14:59   #25

Boat: S2 9.2C
Watermelon Salad

Feta cheese
Greek olives
Mint
Olive oil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2464704518.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	36219  
Old 19-01-2012, 15:15   #26

Couscous with vegetables

Frozen mixed vegetables
Quick/instant couscous
(optional) bouillon cube, I like Knorr, beef (or whatever flavoring you might like)

Take a cup or two of the frozen mixed veggies. Defrost/warm 'em. Put 'em in a bowl big enough to hold them plus a couple cups of the dry couscous. Crush up the bouillon cube and sprinkle that over the veggies and dry couscous. I guess you could use a bit of soy instead of the bouillon.

Meanwhile, boil about three cups water. When at the boil, pour over the couscous and veggies, just enough to cover. Stir. In a bit the couscous will absorb the water and get fluffy, and the veggies and flavoring is mixed in.

Yer done.

Salt/pepper to taste, and if you like, pour in a bit of olive oil.
Old 19-01-2012, 15:27   #27

Boat: Marine Trader 47

Sautee one large onion (chopped) in olive oil in the bottom of a 2 qt sauce pan. When onion is translucent, add 2 cloves garlic (minced), and one can Dark Red Kidney Beans, with all the juice from the can (don't drain). Add one can water (The kidney bean can). Add pepper and salt to taste. Serve over spaghetti or rice. Easy and a vegetarian (even a vegan) will love it.
Or you can skip the vegetarian part and add bacon or ham when you put in the onions.
Old 19-01-2012, 15:52   #28

Boat: Albin Vega 27
This is called a zippy at my favorite veggie restaurant:

Sliced cheese any sort whatever you like
Pita
Tahini
Sesame seeds
Any veggies you adore sliced in long strips
(we do green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and sometimes onions or tomatoes depending what we have on hand)
Oil or vegan butter

Grill the vegetables.
Put the pita and cheese together like a grilled cheese sandwich. On the insides of the sandwich put a little tahini then cheese and sesame seeds in the middle with veggies that you grilled. Melt it all together and flip. The oil or butter is for grilling the sandwich in.

It's messy but good. At the restaurant it's served with a chocolate rice milk shake.
Old 19-01-2012, 17:31   #29

Boat: Com-Pac 23/3

I don't consider myself to be much of a cook, but this one makes me feel like a chef when the plate is prepared. All you need: 2 beefsteak tomatoes, fresh basil, sliced mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Slice the tomatoes and layer with the basil and cheese. Place in a zip lock bag or other container and add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette as a marinade. When you take it out of the bag, all you need to do is arrange on a plate. The marinade can be drizzled over the top. The cheese takes on a meaty texture when marinated. Very filling. Goes good with a glass of red wine (at least for the chef, in your case).
Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 08:37   #30

Boat: Brewer 44

A huge thanks to everyone for posting your recipes!... This will give me lots to experiment with. Keep 'em coming if anyone has any more please!

Tags
recipes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: