Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 00:04   #1

Boat: Westerly Sealord
New Zealand quarantine

Arrived and entered in at Marsden Cove last Wednesday... my experience flew in the face of all the horror stories I have heard over the years.

What they won't let in.... any fresh meat, fruit or veg, anything involving chickens or eggs ( including mayonaise ) , any canned meat with bones in it, honey, north american black rice ( whatever that may be), canned shellfish and canned fresh water fish.
The only one of the above we arrived with was some mayonaise.... slow trip down from Tonga....

What they did let in ... dairy including French butter, milk and cheese from Tahiti - seems dairy produce from Oz, North America, the EU, Chile and a lot of other places is OK - canned fruit and veges of mixed origin , packet noodles, packet soup. Assorted pasta, and rice and stuff, tinned fish ( herring and tuna). They weren't even interested in looking at our packaged herbs...

Not sure about canned meat but 11 years ago they let me in with 12 tins of Spam ( I only managed to pass the contents of the last tin through the crew six months ago.).

What they really don't like is home bottled stuff... don't even think of bringing in home preserved moose....

Hope this helps....
El Pinguino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:34   #2

Boat: Mason 53
Re: New Zealand quarantine

G'day, Mate. Welcome. You've arrived a little earlier than most, but the sun is heading our way. Trust you will enjoy your visit here. Enjoy the country. Cheers.
matauwhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
New Zealand