Originally Posted by SimonV
every one says they are easy to make........So give up your simplest recipe. Oh and don't forget most of us only have a frying pan.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 cups warm milk
1..Mix together flour, baking powder, salt
2. Add warm milk slowly, mixing as you go. Stir until sticky ball is formed
3. Knead two minutes or so on floured surface. dough should be firm, soft and no longer sticky.
4. Let dough rest in bowl covered with damp cloth for 20 minutes.
5. Break off eight sections, roll them into balls, place on plate and cover again with damp cloth. Let rest another 10 minutes. This is important, as the dough must lose its elasticity in order to get them rolled out properly.
6. Place balls one at a time on floured surface and roll out as thinly as possible into an 8-inch circle. Rum
bottles work well for this!
7. Cook in dry iron skillet for 30 seconds on each side. I cook one while rolling out the next.