Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38   #1

Inventory Lists / Forms ?

Does anyone know of a list or form for provisioning galley, spare parts etc for short term (3 months?) cruising?
sail01lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: Inventory lists/form??

Here are some:

Atom Voyages | Recipes and Provisioning for Cruising Sailboats

Provisioning and Recipes

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ist-45579.html

My google... Google
CharlesFCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:42   #3

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Most companies that deliver provisions to ships provide the ships with a list to check off the things that they need. I had one that I got from a ship years ago and need to get another one. I'll make a phone call and if I get a good source, I'll post it.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, sail01lyn.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 00:10   #5

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe
Re: Inventory Lists / Forms ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail01lyn View Post
Does anyone know of a list or form for provisioning galley, spare parts etc for short term (3 months?) cruising?
I think it best if you make your own. Your food likes and dislikes might not agree with another's list for provisioning galley. And spare parts for your particular boat will certainly be different from mine.

Make a list of foods you like to eat. From that, make a list of ingredients needed to cook those meals. Work from there, keeping in mind that basic items such as rice and sugar can be purchased anywhere so you don't need to stock in quantity.

My husband keeps the MOASS -- the Mother Of All SpreadSheets. MOASS has calculated fields that are normally white but turn to yellow when approaching time to do that particular maintenance chore, and turn to red when it is time to do the work. MOASS also has several worksheets for spares and for expendable items used in routine maintenance of our boat -- oil filters, oil, various kinds of light bulbs, pre-filters for watermaker, drinking water filters, etc., etc., etc. It also calculates time of arrival, UTC date and time (for long passages at sea this can get confusing), fuel used on passage and all kinds of other trivia. He designed this spreadsheet for our particular model boat and it has served us well for over 6 years of cruising. You certainly do not need anything like this for only a 3 month cruise, but this detail does come in handy for longer-term cruising.

Judy
S/V BeBe
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 07:15   #6

Boat: Negotiating purchase of 2nd hand yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to Mexdon

here is a provisioning list that was posted by Dave and Carolyn Shearlock on their website. I am going to modify it for my own requirements but at least the hard work has been done.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Provisioning-Spreadsheet1.xls (205.0 KB, 464 views)
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1 and I would come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea and 6 eggs. Can't do that now, too many f**kn security cameras.
Mexdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 07:28   #7

Boat: Oyster Mariner 35

Welcome aboard!!

I am a list lover too. Here is a basic version of my provisions list. Of course you would have to adapt it, but if it helps....
provisioning and location.pdf
Old 13-09-2011, 07:44   #8

Boat: Negotiating purchase of 2nd hand yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to Mexdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svBeBe View Post

My husband keeps the MOASS -- the Mother Of All SpreadSheets. MOASS has calculated fields that are normally white but turn to yellow when approaching time to do that particular maintenance chore, and turn to red when it is time to do the work. MOASS also has several worksheets for spares and for expendable items used in routine maintenance of our boat -- oil filters, oil, various kinds of light bulbs, pre-filters for watermaker, drinking water filters, etc., etc., etc. It also calculates time of arrival, UTC date and time (for long passages at sea this can get confusing), fuel used on passage and all kinds of other trivia. He designed this spreadsheet for our particular model boat and it has served us well for over 6 years of cruising. You certainly do not need anything like this for only a 3 month cruise, but this detail does come in handy for longer-term cruising.

Judy
S/V BeBe
Judy, would your husband be amenable to sharing his MOASS with us lesser beings not so conversant in writing programs in excel and who are planning longer sojourns away from base.
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1 and I would come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea and 6 eggs. Can't do that now, too many f**kn security cameras.
Mexdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 08:35   #9

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:

Judy
S/V BeBe
Being a bit SS anal myself, is it possible to obtain a copy of said MOASS?

I'm sure I could recreate it, but if all those formulas already exist, and some kind soul is willing to share, I know I, and perhaps some others, would be very appreciative
Old 13-09-2011, 09:37   #10

Quote:
I think it best if you make your own. Your food likes and dislikes might not agree with another's list for provisioning galley. And spare parts for your particular boat will certainly be different from mine.

Make a list of foods you like to eat. From that, make a list of ingredients needed to cook those meals. Work from there, keeping in mind that basic items such as rice and sugar can be purchased anywhere so you don't need to stock in quantity.

Judy
S/V BeBe

Thanks for all the replies...Judy, I would love to see your husbands lists. I deal with the computer on a small scale, learning as I go. It would be great to have a guideline.
sail01lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 11:13   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Ah lists, I'm (re) reading two books at the moment, one has some good lists.

I think the one with the lists is

The Seaworthy Offshore Sailboat - John Vigror

A good read even if it is the wrong book.
hpeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 12:03   #12

From one of our members: Cruising Links
Capt.Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 03:45   #13

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail01lyn View Post
Thanks for all the replies...Judy, I would love to see your husbands lists. I deal with the computer on a small scale, learning as I go. It would be great to have a guideline.
Sent you a PM on this. Also to Mexdon and avb3.

Judy
S/V BeBe
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 05:09   #14

Boat: Baba 35, Play Actor

We use HanDBase for the iPhone/iPod Touch, so it goes right to the grocery store with us. We also use it for spares, marine supplies, tools, hardware, and miscellaneous consumables. It includes storage location(s) as well as quantities, part numbers, etc.

If anyone has the program, I can provide the templates.
Play Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 12:52   #15

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Actor
We use HanDBase for the iPhone/iPod Touch, so it goes right to the grocery store with us. We also use it for spares, marine supplies, tools, hardware, and miscellaneous consumables. It includes storage location(s) as well as quantities, part numbers, etc.

If anyone has the program, I can provide the templates.
I have the program and would be very interested in your templates. Thank you, Robyn
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote