Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2014, 09:13   #1

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Information on oven insulation, etc.

I just posted a thread on another section of CF that might be of some interest to those of us with ovens. The insulation breaks down over time, resulting in lower efficiency, hotter galleys, and more use of propane (or other fuel). Here's the thread: Adventures with oven modification - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 09:35   #2

Re: Information on oven insulation, etc.

Roy good info. I too have been rethinking how I use propane on board with my Hillerange stove/oven since I also found some corrosion on the burners and gas header. I salvaged what I could from the old stove and removed most of what I did not need.
THE BIANKA LOG BLOG: RETHINKING PROPANE USE ON BOARD: Dismantling the Hillerange Stove Part Two
Since I had rarely used the oven I converted it to storage for the pots and pans by removing the burners an flame spreader. I may go in at some point and cut and remove the insulation around the oven to increase the storage since I will no longer be using it as an oven.

Tags
insulation, oven