Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 15:20   #31
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: How long can you survive on beer alone?

sorry, bud is a sorry and a sad excuse for pretend beer, andd coors is worse.-- wont keep ye a live very long-- and is really not thaT GOOD FOR DRUNKEN CHICKEN- LEast beer i will use for my style drunken chicken is tecate- has got flavor....sorry, boaty, gotta disagree with ye on this one..LOL... but , then i make my drunken chicken a llil differently than the can in th rear kind..LOL....min eget to swim in it for a bit, and have other goodies as well......LOL..... ye only get the recipe by getting beered up with me and watching......
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:12   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

fter the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Chang sits down and says, "Hey bartender, I would like the world's best beer, a Chang." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him
one.

The guy from Heineken says, "I'd like the only beer made with fresh spring water, give me a Heineken" He gets it.

The guy from Stella sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Stella" and the Stella president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:26   #33
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
fter the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Chang sits down and says, "Hey bartender, I would like the world's best beer, a Chang." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him
one.

The guy from Heineken says, "I'd like the only beer made with fresh spring water, give me a Heineken" He gets it.

The guy from Stella sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Stella" and the Stella president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

ROFLMAO.....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:26   #34

Boat: a sailing boat

Yes. On a British or Irish beer you might survive pretty long.

Best beers I drank were Belgian, German, Austrian and Czech/Slovak/Polish.

Cruising-wise good beers in FP and on Rodriguez too!

I am in Spain now, so I must drink water. Local 'beer' way too unhealthy.

;-(
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:38   #35
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Chang the world's best beer??? ROTFLMAO Chang is Thai for Elephant - the secret ingrediant is Elephant p#ss.......
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:17   #36

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: How long can you survive on beer alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
...necessity of being tethered while peeing. Also, visitors should always be advised as to which side they should be on to attempt this balancing act.
I fell in love with a woman mostly cuz she would pee off the backstay. I guess that's illegal these days.
Blue Crab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:22   #37
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post
I fell in love with a woman mostly cuz she would pee off the backstay. I guess that's illegal these days.
only if they direct the pee in the dingy or scare the wild life,or pee on the captains feet when yr holding/bracing them when it is too rough.......
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:43   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
only if they direct the pee in the dingy or scare the wild life,or pee on the captains feet when yr holding/bracing them when it is too rough.......
Ha! Guess you've been there. I was bragging to my ex about this topic one day and she responded that she thought women were better designed/evolved because all their sensitive parts were tucked up inside. Must be a trade-off for our being able to actually spell out words on the beach or in the snow.
Old 03-05-2011, 18:57   #39

Boat: Catalina 22

I was gonna say "40 years too long", but then this thread about beer devolved into a thread about peeing (which I guess it naturally would)...

...so, oops! gotta go...
GorillaToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 19:15   #40

I'm drinking Red Stripe - I like it while watching the sun set over the nuclear power station.
So romantic.
I can't figure out why I'm still single.
However, I can appreciate the hallucinogenic affects of Elephants' piss. Every time I drink Change I am mobbed by beautiful women who lub me 2 mutt....
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 19:26   #41

Boat: Lafitte 44

As for all the chicken beers... never cook with something you wouldn't drink.. and I have NEVER been thirsty enough to drink either a Bud or Coors...
Old 03-05-2011, 19:38   #42
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post
Ha! Guess you've been there. I was bragging to my ex about this topic one day and she responded that she thought women were better designed/evolved because all their sensitive parts were tucked up inside. Must be a trade-off for our being able to actually spell out words on the beach or in the snow.
its not true! women can piss farther hanging off the rails on a yacht than men!!!!! although they have more problems spelling their names we have had competitions in the past,men won spelling,women won distance....hence

i can only conclude men must be more intelligent,but women faster when doing beer olympics

and yes beer is good for man and women, as it works like a natural contraceptive.....,woman horny,man falls asleep......untill the man wakes up with full bladder and horny, women hung over and............no sex......

so to answer to ops question as the world population reaches 7 billion "how long can you survive on beer?"

i would say drink more beer as it leads to less sex and if we have less sex then their will be fewer people and consequently will use less resourses and survive longer.........
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllezCat View Post
I'm drinking Red Stripe - I like it while watching the sun set over the nuclear power station.
So romantic.
I can't figure out why I'm still single. ....
I hear ya mate! And ditto. Beyond other factors, some women also find my love affair with beer objectionable.

Surprised to hear my beer, Budweiser* (KING OF BEERS), get kicked around so badly in this thread. It's understandable based on so many Brits (commoners one and all) posting but in Merica where I'm from we've always had refrigeration from the landing at Plymouth forward. The Pilgrims left England BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET COLD BEER!

It's Science 101 that beer/ale in poor, backward countries has to have fillers and additives in it to be consumed warm. I say consumed because drinking some ales, particularly the darker ones is like eating and drinking at the same time. All of which suggests that one could live far longer on those heavier "beverages" than the lighter, angel-winged, truly delicious pale pilsner beers such as Budweiser. But what kind of life would it be? Worth living? Doubtful.

*Full disclosure: I drink Bud in bars but cheaper pilsners elsewhere. After the first 3 or 4, elephant piss is alright with me if it's cheap.

Xeon: As for all the chicken beers... never cook with something you wouldn't drink.. and I have NEVER been thirsty enough to drink either a Bud or Coors...

Let me say this about that: welcome to the fray. I admit that when living in Texas I did drink the local cow piss like Lone Star, Pearl, and Shiner but I was a callow youth. Granted, on a hot day for most people but any day that ends in "y" for me, few things taste better (I can only think of one) than a cold brew. But I don't find it thirst quenching. And to suggest that a dry stout like Guinness or Murpheys or Beamish, that one could substitute for a hot meal and eat with a spoon, is thirst quenching is beyond the pale, sir.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:58   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Re: How Long Can You Survive on Beer Alone ?

The alcohol in beer removes more water from the body than the beer contains. You would actually die sooner from dehydration drinking beer than if you were to stop drinking pure water. I remember reading somewhere that for every drink you have, you need to drink two glasses of water in order to break even with your body's hydration.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37   #45

Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Re: How Long Can You Survive on Beer Alone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
The alcohol in beer removes more water from the body than the beer contains. You would actually die sooner from dehydration drinking beer than if you were to stop drinking pure water. I remember reading somewhere that for every drink you have, you need to drink two glasses of water in order to break even with your body's hydration.
I don't believe it. I know plenty of folks who haven't had anything but cheap light beer for YEARS!
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Beer