you did not say where you are??
- forget it
- a few fresh markets on isla mujeras - but you have to shop around and go into some dark corners for the best buys
in puerto morales - stay away from the stuff near the water
- take the bus about 2 miles inland to the little town there and the veggies there are fresh, plentiful, and cheap
- try some of the local markets on the mainland - usually pretty good quality - but you need to search - not a lot in placenica
in quatemala - wow - it does not get any better - fresh veggies of unlimited quality and quantity everywhere and very cheap
in roatan - there is a giant super market that has some good stuff - but not great -
- depends on where you are - bocas - if you get there when the truck arrives it is good - in portobelo the store stuff is not so hot but there are trucks that drive thru so you have to be patient and get in early to catch one of the veggie trucks
in the san blas - not a lot of luck on some veggies but we heard there was a veggie boat that makes the rounds but we never saw it
- the local grocery is a block away and very good - really good and cheap veggies is in the central market but a taxi away and not the nicest we have been to -
so where are you?
as for boat delivery
- in the san blas and here in cartagena
if you are in a marina
chuck patty and svsoulmates