Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 29-08-2011, 14:09   #1

Boat: Trojan F-36 Tri-Cabin
Household vs Marine-Specific Water Filtration Systems

Alrighty, so here's one of many upcoming questions.

I've done a little bit of searching on how I can convert the St.Clair lake water to potable water. Now there's the marine specific applications for upwards of $2000, and then there's the home applications for under $500. I have a 36' Trojan Tri-Cabin, so the home application wouldn't be an issue on my boat. I was just wondering what the main differences in these systems are. The household system I've been looking at is a 5 stage Reverse osmosis system (http://www.home-water-purifiers-and-...osmosis-uv.php). It's only 50gpd, but for $800 I can get 2 of them and it would be more than enough. I searched through the forum and couldn't find any information in terms of comparing both options. I know there are dozens of different kinds of marine and home based systems, but even the best home systems are cheaper than the cheapest marine systems. I'm just at a loss as to what I should be looking at.

Punx is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, water

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On