Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28   #16
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
back to helpful hints...

We have plastic and lexan and glass and use what seems appropriate depending on the conditions. I like my glasses to drink outta and I figure glass gets broken on the shore and at sea, what's the diff? In the case of heavy weather I would NOT have the stemware out... lexan or glass.

But for when the glass does break (most recently a bottle of olives that keep company with Himself's scotch) I keep a small bag full of dryer lint in a locker. Dryer lint picks up all the little shards of glass that brooms, brushes and rags don't totally get, and protect my (usually) bare feet from the cuts that result.

I was surprised when I posted this awhile ago in another thread how few folks knew about this. My mom has always saved nice wads of dryer lint, say from after washing flannel sheets, for just this purpose.

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
We have plastic and lexan and glass and use what seems appropriate depending on the conditions. I like my glasses to drink outta and I figure glass gets broken on the shore and at sea, what's the diff? In the case of heavy weather I would NOT have the stemware out... lexan or glass.

But for when the glass does break (most recently a bottle of olives that keep company with Himself's scotch) I keep a small bag full of dryer lint in a locker. Dryer lint picks up all the little shards of glass that brooms, brushes and rags don't totally get, and protect my (usually) bare feet from the cuts that result.

I was surprised when I posted this awhile ago in another thread how few folks knew about this. My mom has always saved nice wads of dryer lint, say from after washing flannel sheets, for just this purpose.
Wow, good idea. Thanks!