Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2014, 01:56   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: Happy Sailor’s Killer Mai Tai

I can hear it singing that old Englebert Humperdink song, "Please release me, let me go''

Coops.
Old 24-03-2014, 02:11   #32

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
I can hear it singing that old Englebert Humperdink song, "Please release me, let me go''

Coops.
Ah yes, but I believe that if I want to keep my cajones where they are, I'd better get Janets permission to publish

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 02:58   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Now I hear the "chicken song"

Coops.
Old 24-03-2014, 03:39   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:

Coops.
HA!!!
I'm with ya coops!
btw I can remember this song (and other similar artists) being played at "teenager volume" when I was a kid growing up... He's still doing the circuit... My parents went to his show not but a couple years ago, and said he was as good as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Ah yes, but I believe that if I want to keep my cajones where they are, I'd better get Janets permission to publish
I believe cajones are an important asset to protect...

Quote:
Now I hear the "chicken song"

Coops.
Double HA!!!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 04:31   #35

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Perhaps if I ad a couple more margaritas..........................

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 24-03-2014, 04:45   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Perhaps if I ad a couple more margaritas..........................
The evolution of "inhibition reducing beverages" had a beautiful evolution from wine to tequila... I think we've seen the end of the species change....

Old 24-03-2014, 09:16   #37

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

Quote:
Uhhhh Janet - Whilst I would cheerfully make off with your diary, I would never stoop so low as to nick your limes, Calavados and boarding ladder.

Perhaps, you partook of the clavados mixed with some lime juice and after a few (too many) forgot what you did with the ladder?

Should I release chapter two of your diary - or respect your privacy? Having peeked, I can see it gets racier...........

Mixing Calvados with Lime isn't something I would ever do - it's wrong on so many levels and an almost incomprehensible combination (sort of like Maple syrup and sardines). That said, I've discovered an empty bottle leaned up against a nearby dock box. No sign of the ladder yet. Perhaps there was more foul play that evening than either of us knew?

Regarding Chapter two.... a gentleman would return the journal and while I understand the temptation to share what you have plundered and found so appealing with your mates, I trust you to retain the dignity and privacy that was intended therein. I'll strike a bargain with you. You may publish appropriately redacted text from the next bit but then must return the book, regardless of what you find in later sections.

Still not sure what I will do without that ladder - it has been quite useful over the years.

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 09:27   #38

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hi Janet,

I can only agree it would be scandalous to mix lime and Calvados, but sometimes late at night after perhaps one too many, strange and uncontrolable urges enter one's mind, unbidden.

Your diary, naturally is yours and herewith returned. Your (missing)ladder is mystifying and not of my doing.

I shall, at your behest, edit the next chapter so it will receive a PG rating. This means that I will remove all references to your interaction with him and, considering the content, the noteworthy athletic abilities the two of you apparently displayed in the sail locker (shame - that is one of my favorite parts).

Old 24-03-2014, 15:54   #39

It may have been because if the enticing photo. Someone came by for the limes, found the alcohol and drank so much they slipped down the ladder getting it stuck on their head. They left the bottle but could not remove the ladder in their drunken state. See if anyone with a new avatar have a ladder around their neck.

(BTW. All joking aside I find it horrendous to get ripped off by another sailor. People on our dock had a dingy and another an outboard stolen. It's just not right. &#128545
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 06:55   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Mixing Calvados with Lime isn't something I would ever do - it's wrong on so many levels and an almost incomprehensible combination (sort of like Maple syrup and sardines). That said, I've discovered an empty bottle leaned up against a nearby dock box. No sign of the ladder yet. Perhaps there was more foul play that evening than either of us knew?

Regarding Chapter two.... a gentleman would return the journal and while I understand the temptation to share what you have plundered and found so appealing with your mates, I trust you to retain the dignity and privacy that was intended therein. I'll strike a bargain with you. You may publish appropriately redacted text from the next bit but then must return the book, regardless of what you find in later sections.

Still not sure what I will do without that ladder - it has been quite useful over the years.
I almost had an undesirable reaction to the sardine and syrup combo...

I think it completely noteworthy and laudable that you have entrusted Carsten to share... Redacted portions will be a bit like Burlesque... The unseen is the attraction....

We must all work together on the ladder... So many future opportunities...

Quote:
Hi Janet,

I can only agree it would be scandalous to mix lime and Calvados, but sometimes late at night after perhaps one too many, strange and uncontrolable urges enter one's mind, unbidden.

Your diary, naturally is yours and herewith returned. Your (missing)ladder is mystifying and not of my doing.

I shall, at your behest, edit the next chapter so it will receive a PG rating. This means that I will remove all references to your interaction with him and, considering the content, the noteworthy athletic abilities the two of you apparently displayed in the sail locker (shame - that is one of my favorite parts).
Carsten... please tread lightly with the redacting pen... The loft sounds intriguing...

Old 26-03-2014, 07:46   #41

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Chapter two - Janet and the sail loft

He kissed her lightly and she responded eagerly. His hands explored her "censored", causing her to gasp. She grasped "censored" tightly and let him "censored, censored, censored, censored".

"My god" she thought, "Am I in heaven?" He lowered her down unto the sails and thereafter "censored" censored, censored and double CENSORED".

Sorry fellas, the next two paragraphs have to be cut completely..............

The third one also.............

She lay back, gasping for air. They had been steamy minutes, she was exhausted. Her dress was "censored, censored" and her stockings "censored, censored". Even her white high heels shoes were "censored".

How was she to go back on deck? Would it be obvious to everyone that they had "censored, censored, censored".

The rest of the paragraphs in this chapter have also been censored in order to protect the dignity of a lady.

Hi Janet - thanks again for taking it all with a sense of humor - although if you care to fill in the blanks above............

Old 26-03-2014, 08:02   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Chapter two - Janet and the sail loft

He kissed her lightly and she responded eagerly. His hands explored her "censored", causing her to gasp. She grasped "censored" tightly and let him "censored, censored, censored, censored".

"My god" she thought, "Am I in heaven?" He lowered her down unto the sails and thereafter "censored" censored, censored and double CENSORED".

Sorry fellas, the next two paragraphs have to be cut completely..............

The third one also.............

She lay back, gasping for air. They had been steamy minutes, she was exhausted. Her dress was "censored, censored" and her stockings "censored, censored". Even her white high heels shoes were "censored".

How was she to go back on deck? Would it be obvious to everyone that they had "censored, censored, censored".

The rest of the paragraphs in this chapter have also been censored in order to protect the dignity of a lady.

Hi Janet - thanks again for taking it all with a sense of humor - although if you care to fill in the blanks above............
Love it!

Janet.... You're on sweetie.... Go wow the crowd....

Old 05-04-2014, 13:43   #43

Boat: 1972 Aquarius 23'

I almost forgot why I originally read this thread my mind drifted away to a view of the troipcs. Bed time stories are always nice....... ohhh yeah drinks Happy thank you I snagged yours and will be adding supplies to the stocks once the time is ready for restocking. Food first then drinks. Today is a day to read food and drinks done aboard.

Happy, Janet, ans Az ive noted the mixes im sure will be great to my tastes. Im one usually who will just have them on the rocks but in the higher heat its nice to add some non alcohal stuff for fluids.

: thumbs :

wandering and wondering around with no destionation
Wonderinlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 16:57   #44

I recently had a nice warm weather drink called a Paloma (basically a margarita with grapefruit juice).

In large glass with ice, add
1 shot Tequila (or more &#128526
Add a touch Grand Mariner or Triple Sec
Fill rest with Grapefruit Juice (or squeeze 1 fresh grapefruit)
Cover & shake.
Pour into cold glass, rimmed with salt
Enjoy!
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail