Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2018, 10:35   #31
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Food Allergies and world travels

To me Halal means the way meat and poultry is prepared.. throat cut and bled out.. other 'Halal Foods' are foods prepared without any contamination from 'Impure Foods' such as pork, pork fats or other unclean sources.
For example Halal foie gras, spring rolls, chicken nuggets chicken liver pate etc would be from geese and chickens that have been bled and prepared/cooked using only acceptable oils from nuts and seeds or Ghee.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:53   #32

Re: Food Allergies and world travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
To me Halal means the way meat and poultry is prepared.. throat cut and bled out.. other 'Halal Foods' are foods prepared without any contamination from 'Impure Foods' such as pork, pork fats or other unclean sources.
For example Halal foie gras, spring rolls, chicken nuggets chicken liver pate etc would be from geese and chickens that have been bled and prepared/cooked using only acceptable oils from nuts and seeds or Ghee.

Are there CE standards for Halal or Kosher processing? Or is it like in the US where they bribe, I mean pay certification, to some nongovernmental org that pretends to do the inspections?

Not too long ago a major US kosher meat processing company in the Midwest got busted for using slave labor. Big no no in Kosher certificate. But went on for years.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:00   #33
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Food Allergies and world travels

I don't think many 3rd World Moslems use processed Halal products in the UK.. thats for the white folks being trendy.
Moslems in London and other cities all over have Halal Butchers and Sweet shops and Grocers a plenty.. for example I lived in Crystal Palace and used to drive over to Tooting for all my Asian Food needs.. only buy where other Moslems shop if you want true Halal..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:07   #34
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Peanuts in the pickles?!
And here I thought I'd heard it all.

Next the bartenders will be asking whether you prefer yellow or black scorpion in the bottom of your vodka rocks...
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Peanuts in the pickles?!
And here I thought I'd heard it all.

Next the bartenders will be asking whether you prefer yellow or black scorpion in the bottom of your vodka rocks...
Yep. Cans from Taiwanese company - not sure if it was intended or mix up in processing. Same company manufacturers wheat glutin which is good eating with congee. And those always have peanuts in the cans.

My conclusion after traveling is them European ancestors must have done a lot of bottlenecked procreation with all the wheat/food allergies we end up at risk for compared to say Chinese/Korea/Japanese folks who seem only have to worry about not drinking bovine milk as a source of nutrition as adults.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:38   #36

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

While this link doesn't exactly answer the OP's original question it is meant to educate to the dangers allergic reactive people face.

i just started watching a series on Netflix about food. Episode 2 deals with the sudden explosion of food allergies in the world population. I found it very interesting

https://www.netflix.com/watch/801497...ckId=200257859

for those that don't want to click the link, the series is titled "Rotten" episode 2 covers food allergies generally, peanuts primarily. But also shows a trend in certain chefs and restaurants catering specifically to those with food allergies.
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 13:04   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
IIRC the active ingredient that helps the closing throat is theobromine, which is found more in hot chocolate than in coffee. The actual heat of a liquid helps sooth and relax the throat muscles, that's part of why chicken soup helps a sore throat too.

And the theobromine may be the ingredient that makes dark chocolate toxic for dogs.
Good to know. You definitely want to avoid having one of those "black out" episodes where the body floods itself with DMT and a voice tells you, "this is the end". :/ Then, you appear outside of your body, invisible and are wondering, "why am I looking over my physical body?"
Melissa36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food