I have decided to share a few of my receipes I have tried recently on the boat, the first two are main dishes and the last one can be a good lunch dish or you could use it as a main. Please try them. Bear in mind this is Kiwi language/ingredients:
BEEF AND MUSHROOM HASHBROWN SLICE
1-2 tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 tsp minced garlic
250g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
500g lean beef mince
420g can Watties Condensed Vegetable Soup (or any brand)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
500g box Wattie's Hash Browns ( or any brand)
1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs ( I use packet Breadcrumbs)
1/2 cup grated Cheese
1. Heat the oil
in a frying pan, gently fry onions and garlic until softened, add the mushrooms and fry until lightly browned.
2. In a bowl, combine lean beef mince, Watttie's Condensed Vegetable Soup, parsley, cooked onion mixture and season with pepper.
3. Place Wattie's Hash Browns in a single
layer, in a shallow 2 litre capacity lasagne-style dish. Spread beef mixture evenly over the hash browns, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
4. Cook at 190oC for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through and very hot. ( I use the microwave at this stage for 15 min, check to see if this requires a little extra time).
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
4 Tegel Fresh Chicken skinless single
breast fillets (or any brand)
150 g pottle Tararua Sundried Tomato Cream Cheese Spread ( unsure if this is available overseas)
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 onion, peeled and chopped
400g can Wattie's Chopped Tomatoes with Green Capsicum
1/2 cup white wine, chicken stock or water
Chopped fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese
1. Cut a small pocket in the thick side of each Tegel chicken breasts. Spread an equal amount of Tararua Sun Dried Tomato Cream Cheese Spread into each pocket. Divide spinach leaves evenly among the chicken. Secure the openings with toothpicks.
2. Pan fry the chicken breast in a moderately hot, lightly oiled lidded frying pan for 4 minutes each side. Set aside. ( I do not have a lidded fry pan and seems to work Okay)
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook until tender
. Stir in the Wattie's Chopped Tomatoes with Green Capsicums and wine or stock. Return the chicken to the frying pan, cover and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until tender
and well cooked. ( Once again I use the microwave for this stage. Put in a suitable microwave dish cover and cook on high power for 10-15 minutes).
Serve with pasta, garnished with the basil and grated parmesan cheese.
I haven't bothered about the pasta I have served this with new potatoes from our garden, and this is just as nice.
CHICKEN WEDGES WITH TOMATO MEXICAN DIP
800g packet Tegel Chicken Wedges (or any brand)
4-6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
400g can Watttie's Medxican Spiced Tomatoes ( or any brand)
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsps sour cream
1-2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley or coriander.
1. Scatter the frozen Tegel Chicken Wedges on baking paper and bake according to the directions on the packet.
2. In a saucepan cook the spring onions and cumin seed or ground cumin in a dash of oil until fragrant. Stir in the Wattie's Medxican Style Tomatoes. Stir in the sour cream or creme fraiche and coriander or parsley.
Serve the wedges with the Mexican Dip.
Those are just a few of some of the receipes I have cooked on Leisure Lady. Ask Wheels what his comments are.
Have a go and please try out the above receipes.