Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2012, 09:05   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: Convection Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Amen to that. Furthermore, if you get plenty of fresh air, exercise, love, laughter, sex, regular but moderate doses of alcohol, and food which is enjoyable to eat, you would prefer that kind of life even if you didn't live as long...
I can only agree with your sentiments Dockhead .

After an expedition ashore today (and being treated to the spectacle of young carollers going door to door with toddler siblings in tow) I am now sitting here snuggled under a quilt with a hot water bottle at my feet sipping my favourite single malt Scotch and munching on Greek icing sugar coated rich almond biscuits while awaiting the arrival of Santa (anticipating the sex bit later tonight just to complete things LOL). The Christmas tree is spotlit and a fellow Aussie is crooning carols in the background:

Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby (hottest x-mas video ever) - Video Dailymotion

No regrets at all here .
Merry Christmas everyone!

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 08:27   #17

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Amen to that. Furthermore, if you get plenty of fresh air, exercise, love, laughter, sex, regular but moderate doses of alcohol, and food which is enjoyable to eat, you would prefer that kind of life even if you didn't live as long!

In any case, I don't think that gluten is harmful unless you have celiac disease. So bah, humbug to cardboard, low-gluten bread, as far as I'm concerned!
As you said, AMEN to that! Celiac disease is very rare; you can find authoritative sources quoting celiac disease affects anywhere from .1% to 3.5% of the population, while non-authoritative sources quote up to 10%. I'm with you in believing that the current gluten-free craze makes just about as much sense as the old "margarine is healthier than butter" craze. Or any of the other food crazes that focus on one type of food as being bad for everyone. Your suggestion of moderation in everything and enjoyment of life......even if possibly a somewhat shorter life.....is great.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 19:57   #18

I bake but, I'm not an expert. I suggest trying different yeasts. Find a good sourdough yeast and recipe. To get a hard crust spray a little water once or twice during the fist 5 minutes. If you like the yeast, keep a pot with it, feed it some sugar everyday or so, keep it moist. You will never need to buy yeast again.
Greggegner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 20:40   #19

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Pleasure free seems to be the key nowadays LOL. Inducing the fear factor is a popular trend. If you get plenty of fresh air, exercise, love and laughter, I think you can basically eat and drink what you like .
"Anything good in life is either imoral, illegal or fattening"
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven