Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 20-08-2016, 10:47   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Campoven

IIRC the Force10 and other marine ovens will include thermostatic safety valves on every burner. So if the oven or a range top burner goes out, the gas will be shut at the burner, instead of filling the boat and tempting one very exciting chain of events. That might be worth $1200 extra. Also, a 7000 btu burner is like an E Z Bake oven. "Real" home style burners are likely to be 10,000 btu. A rare few marine stoves have at least one 10,000 but burner and the others will be 7,000 btu instead of the more common 3000btu "keep the veg simmering" kind. Yes $2000 for a stove seems ridiculous but there are differences between a high quality high heat redundant safety marine unit, and a $40 Coleman camping stove. Take a close look and then make your choice to suit.

hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 20:37   #17

Boat: Grampian 26
Re: Campoven

Valid points made the last few post... But currently my opinion remains the sāme. First, I should mention I've not lived aboard yet, but for the past 6 months or so have been gradually adding amenities to my 26 footer to make it as comfortable and as self sufficient as I can with the funds available to me... A few hundred here, a few hundred there... So, for me, at this time, when given the choice of paying either $170 or $1,400 between two units, which both effectively functions with the same basic capabilities - Its better to spend $170 on the oven and apply the balance of $12 hundred some dollars towards other needs.
Can always upgrade later, but as for now its too much to spend on a stove, especially when there are perfectly workable alternatives at a fraction of the cost.

However, if you have heavy pocketbook , its an entirely different story. That's when you go for the best.

end80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: