Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2017, 06:07   #31

Boat: valiant 40
Re: BEST HANGOVER MEDECINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
If you're not drunk more than four times a year you may be a Quaker.

Define drunk?
You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
Dean Martin
Old 18-01-2017, 08:24   #32
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

the best hangover meds is suero, aka electrolite for drinking--which has all you killed from your brain and liver the night before. try it.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 08:52   #33

I love the 'self-righteous' replies. You are welcome to choose not to drink. You are not welcome to criticize my choice to do so. Trust me when I tell you, if you think you don't like to be around people who drink, i assure you we don't like having you around either. Nothing sucks the fun out of a room like a teetotaler, with the exception being a teetotaler who carries a soapbox with them.

To the original question.

1) Drink high quality (expensive) distilled spirits.

2) Avoid large quantities of fermented spirits.

3) Hydration, hydration, hydration (before, during and afterwards)

4) Eat a greasy breakfast (the morning after)

5) Vitamin B

6) Hair of the Dog (I like bloody mary's)
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 09:39   #34

Not sure if it's the best, but a big glass of OJ and two pieces of avocado toast with fried eggs on top sure helped this morning.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:09   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
If you're not drunk more than four times a year you may be a Quaker.

Define drunk?
If your lucky to not get pulled over while driving home, your drunk. If You tell everyone" what I really think about them" your drunk. If You have a tough time walking your drunk. We can extend it to, if your fat you eat too much. If your always broke and in debt you spend too much. If You over react when someone points out what should be an obvious reality, you have a problem. It's not a matter of being judgemental, or a prude. It's simply managing your own life and not impacting everyone else in a negative and dangerous way. As a younger guy one of my first offshore trips was down the coast from Block Island to Rock hall Md. While heading out to sea the depth transducer was not functioning as it should and the capt dove overboard, at midnight to "straighten it out". Seemed a bit off to me. But what did I know. This trip was made less than 24 hrs after a hurricane had gone up the coast. Big lumpy seas. He was in a great hurry to make time. Too much sail up. Too argumentative to take any input from a novice. Over the next day and a half, it got worse. When we finally got to the dock he wanted to celebrate our trip with a drink from the half empty bottle of booze that he'd clearly been sucking on the whole time.
The stat I offer regarding the number of times one can be drunk, as in endangering the life and limb of others is simply what's clinically so. Sailing is based on prudent behavior. And so life should be. If you find limits a problem you are a problem! I don't want to sail near you. I don't want you driving down the road near me and mine. I don't want yor FA falling over dead next to my table in a resturant, ruins the ambiance. Or coughing up a lung during the Quaker service. It's really pretty tame and simple. If your pickled every other month in your life, you have a drinking problem. "You have a problem with that?" TS.
normdeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:13   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
There's always one in every crowd.
He's called the designated driver.
normdeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:19   #37
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: BEST HANGOVER MEDECINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by normdeeley View Post
If your lucky to not get pulled over while driving home, your drunk. If You tell everyone" what I really think about them" your drunk. If You have a tough time walking your drunk. We can extend it to, if your fat you eat too much. If your always broke and in debt you spend too much. If You over react when someone points out what should be an obvious reality, you have a problem. It's not a matter of being judgemental, or a prude. It's simply managing your own life and not impacting everyone else in a negative and dangerous way. As a younger guy one of my first offshore trips was down the coast from Block Island to Rock hall Md. While heading out to sea the depth transducer was not functioning as it should and the capt dove overboard, at midnight to "straighten it out". Seemed a bit off to me. But what did I know. This trip was made less than 24 hrs after a hurricane had gone up the coast. Big lumpy seas. He was in a great hurry to make time. Too much sail up. Too argumentative to take any input from a novice. Over the next day and a half, it got worse. When we finally got to the dock he wanted to celebrate our trip with a drink from the half empty bottle of booze that he'd clearly been sucking on the whole time.
The stat I offer regarding the number of times one can be drunk, as in endangering the life and limb of others is simply what's clinically so. Sailing is based on prudent behavior. And so life should be. If you find limits a problem you are a problem! I don't want to sail near you. I don't want you driving down the road near me and mine. I don't want yor FA falling over dead next to my table in a resturant, ruins the ambiance. Or coughing up a lung during the Quaker service. It's really pretty tame and simple. If your pickled every other month in your life, you have a drinking problem. "You have a problem with that?" TS.
Maybe you should add your location to your Avatar info so everyone else can avoid offending you..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:25   #38

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Maybe you should add your location to your Avatar info so everyone else can avoid offending you..
Naples Florida, surrounded by a bunch of Western Red Cedar
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:28   #39

Quote:
He's called the designated driver.
With your attitude, I'd just hire a cab........
Old 18-01-2017, 10:43   #40

Black coffee, nicotine and 100% pure aviators breathing oxygen...
Hoosiersailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:44   #41

Quote:

Thank you for making my point.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:45   #42

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

BEST HANGOVER MEDECINE ??? Sex of courseee!!!!
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 10:47   #43

Hoosiersailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 13:26   #44

Boat: wanting a cat

Serving wench, fetch me another bowl of loudmouth soup!

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 13:57   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
BEST HANGOVER MEDICINE ??? Sex of courseee!!!!
LOL......You're actually in the "MOOD" when hungover? Wow...