Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 08:17   #181

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Re: Any Preppers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
This thread makes me think that there might just be something to that whole "collective unconscious awareness" thing.

I can't imagine what else would excite so much poor (dare I say juvenile?) humor in an effort to dismiss the fear.

in the dark?

Really guys, come on and give it a break. A couple of us were actually trying to have a mature discourse.

OT: Just noticed a post coming in out of order. That can muck things up a bit.
I can't HEAR YOU !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I can't HEAR YOU.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	38468  

Ayn Rand
Old 08-03-2012, 08:40   #182

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllezCat View Post
shovel
axe
bow-saw
fishing gear
bait nets
Might add a shotgun. Watch the anti gun folks digging for roots while eating hot stew with fresh meat in it. Also, at sea, easier to coax a bird or fish into the larder if necessary with such a devise. Another slant to the gun debate. Zombie Sharks circling the boat? No, dinner circling the boat.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
Might add a shotgun. Watch the anti gun folks digging for roots while eating hot stew with fresh meat in it. Also, at sea, easier to coax a bird or fish into the larder if necessary with such a devise. Another slant to the gun debate. Zombie Sharks circling the boat? No, dinner circling the boat.
Yea I didn't want this thread getting immature so I left all my guns out.
Yea some buck shot for the sea birds is good idea.
I have all those things - seriously - for regular boat use - not zombie stuff...
Old 08-03-2012, 16:24   #184

Boat: Orca 38

Seeds and a few farming implements?
Old 08-03-2012, 16:38   #185

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
Might add a shotgun. . . .
Actually some "Hillbilly Fishing Gear*" along with the shotgun would be really effective.

*H.F.G is a half dozen or a box of dynamite sticks with waterproof fuses. Lob a lit one into the water and then row around and pick the fish that look good for dinner. - Hey, its the "end of the world" so no tree-huggers to bitch at you. In fact, they will probably be rowing frantically behind you picking up the fish you don't want.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:18   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post

The house is made of old growth redwood,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllezCat View Post
different piggies
1st built his home out of straw
2nd built his home out of wood
3rd built his home out of bricks - and survived.
was not directed at you...
missed the first quote in my reply - sorry for the confusion...
It was not about Dave's Zombies - they are hardly piggies....
Old 09-03-2012, 04:12   #187

Boat: C&C 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I wonder what having sex with a Zombie babe would be like?

They do seem to get a bit excitable at times . and don't talk much . Not sure about their ironing skills.....

Just sayin'
The problem with zombie chicks is all they want to do is eat your brains...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:16   #188
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie91 View Post
The problem with zombie chicks is all they want to do is eat your brains...

Yeah, but is that just Zombie chicks or women in general?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
Yeah, but is that just Zombie chicks or women in general?
I think either may leave hungry given the menu that they have been offered here
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwaiting View Post
I think either may leave hungry given the menu that they have been offered here
They do look rather deprived

I had no idea the conversation about prepping would turn into a zombie thread....Obviously fantasy prevails !

But it's more fun than talking about rotating batteries, how to store some items keeping them out of the moisture, securing you stash, what to have ready in a bug out bag or making any plans depending on what happens....
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18   #191
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

zombie chicks are good fun if you can get them trained properly..............
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54   #192

Re: ANY PREPPERS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavewacker View Post
Not until I see them comming dragging one leg behind them, body leaning off to one side and arms waving.....when I do, I'm sure I can out run them....
Sounds like some of my friends on their way home after a night out.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:11   #193
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Wow. Someone asks for advice on how to prep for an escape to sea in case of an environmental disaster leading to civil unrest; and gets advice on how to shag zombies who won't do the ironing. But why am I not surprised?

Say, for example, there was another invasion or unleashing of nasty weapons in the Middle East close to Kuwait... Whilst most folk would fly out of harm's way, I for one would prefer to sail out - then at least I could take along my cats and dogs, rather than turning them lose onto the desert as happened last time.

Who knows, if we were lucky enough to get past the Straights of Hormuz without bumping into a hostile warship (and we managed to do just that during the last war back in 2003 when the Americans invaded Iraq), we then might make it to a peaceful tropical island in the middle of the Indian Ocean with bananas and a Blue Lagoon and all.

We have installed enough solar power, hopefully, to get us by should diesel become unavailable; and I am very conscious that whenever we do install anything that operates with electricity that we could manage without it. For example:

- Should the electric waterpump fail, then I want a foot pump in as backup.
- I would be inclined to take old fashioned paper charts along, just in case the GPS fails.
- A mate managed to procure us one of those hand powered watermakers used by the military - I am sure this could also be useful on a liferaft.

These, I imagine, are the sort of pointers OP was looking for.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Actually some "Hillbilly Fishing Gear*" along with the shotgun would be really effective.

*H.F.G is a half dozen or a box of dynamite sticks with waterproof fuses. Lob a lit one into the water and then row around and pick the fish that look good for dinner. -
End of joke: "...so he lights a stick of dynamite, hands it to the game warden, and says 'You gonna talk or you gonna fish?' "
Old 10-03-2012, 00:22   #195
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
In the EU zombies are now seen as potential distressed ethnic groups, following a successful appeal by a zombie support group to the European Court of Zombie rights ( known as the EcB) . Public policy is now to integrate zombies into mainstream life, this however is proving very costly, with significant budget impacts on social Heath systems ( they are in very bad shape medically).The policy to integrate them into mainstream schools has also proven problematic ( preventing them eating children etc) but efforts are on going and a EU wide funded school integration project is getting under way.

A EU Commission spokesman . Klaus von der Splitsenpants stated recently "the Commissions policy is to reverse the age old perception of this group and to integrate them fully into the social structure of the EU" the spokesman pointed out that in excess of 50 billion euros has been set aside for various zombie institutions across the Union. The term Zombie is regarded as pejorative, to be replaced with people afflicted by Diminished Energy Activation Disorder. (DEAD)

Predictably, there have been concerns expressed in Germany about such moves, with several members of the Bundestag commenting that disproportionate support is going to "med zombies" Seemingly more have congregated in warmer southern EU countries . In fact recently, in the newspaper "Bild" the headlines was ( translated) "German Zombies first, Med Zombies are a hopeless cause" The illegal immigration of north African Zombies was pointed out by several other members of the parliament , " the med countries are lazy , and they need to get these foreigners out of the EU" , and our german zombies are far more efficient at eating people")

The European council for zombie liberties, (EUROZOM) , fully EU funded, has begun an awareness campaign, designed to educate ordinary people to be sensitive to zombies, and to raise awareness of their cultural identity. EU directive 1785/45376654-345433/R-334331bis. has been enacted providing for various increased penalties for those engaged in violence against these afflicted with DEAD. The use of any firearms of course carries severe penalties with long custodial punishments being handed down to perpetrators. the EU wide arrest warrant has been extended by agreement to provide for arbitrary extradition of any person engaged in violence against DEAD people.

Several labour run councils in the UK have gone much further in asserting zombie rights, Lambeth borough council recently passed a law allowing zombies to feed on a proportion of human flesh since they have accepted that eating living flesh is a zombie cultural right. They have banned the term zombie from all their publications as it's a racist term . a spokeswomen stated " just because they're different and eat people doesn't mean they are not proper citizens entitled to express their culture , the sickly parlour of their skin or that fact that they are DEAD, doesn't mean they should be treated any differently then other groups"

In a related move Reuter news agency s is claiming it has received reports Turkey intends to restrict visas for Zombies to 15 minutes( seemingly the time to walk up the jetway) the EU has lodged a formal complaint.

Unrelated, today Italy announced a tax on "prepers" , every food item not consumed within one week will be subject to tax of 220% of its value. No word as to enforcement. The government has admitted it has no idea where these food stores are, but said that hard times needed tough decisions.

Dave