There are stories about pioneers in the U.S Out West who survived on nothing more than thistle root. Now we know how to prepare it. Thanks!
- wild milk thistle root with baby stalks in Feb: take out the inedible root core
, then saute with some onions, rice, and maybe chicken - traditional Turkish dish.
- wild arugula, mustard
- wild rosemary, bay leaves, lavender, thyme, lemon thyme, sage, coriander, leaks
, garlic, spinach, etc (see Ram's videos for Greek islands
- same things and more grow in Turkey)
- mushrooms in Nov-Dec
- wild olives, apples, peaches, pomegranates from groves planted by Romans about 1500 years ago (usually found around some ruined cities on huuuge trees)
- wild almonds, mulberries, raspberries
There's plenty of other things as well, but haven't figured them out yet...[/QUOTE]