We intended to start along this route
from Lake Ontario
in the spring, but we had a late start and are moving slowly so far. We are currently in Cornwall Ontario
, we are intending to get to Halifax
N.S. in October, then set out for Bermuda
Obviously I do not think it's a crazy idea,
- We are hundreds of miles and a few weeks ahead of you.
- We have done this trip before.
- Our boat is bigger, and faster than yours: motorsailer
with fixed doghouse.
- We would have preferred to leave in the spring.
- We have friends and Family
If your boat is in good condition and you are fit, adaptable, and can thrive in uncomfortable situations (are you Campers ?) you could certainly do this trip. But you will need to keep moving without much time for seeing the sights.
My suggestion (same as others) would be that if you can, wait for next spring, or go by the Erie Canal instead.
Nahanni V at Sea