Yeah I don't want to bash on the guy; I could write a list of stupid things I've done, and I bet the the list will keep growing till I'm dead and gone.
These were the things that I saw:
- too much engine
- 22 knots isn't a lot of wind
- the guy was talking about wind
speed in mph; who does that?
- did i miss the part where he reefed?
- heave to and wait it out?
- one guy on a boat that's too big for him to manage properly
- if you're not able to safely operate your vessel, focus on getting that under control. safety
first, course and destination
a far second.