Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2015, 02:43   #1

New Caledonia Long Term Anchorage

I would like to leave my boat (6ft draft) near Noumea for the month of September but all marinas are full. Does anybody have good experience/recommendations of leaving yachts anchored (or moored) for long term in New Caledonia.
ianwansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 09:51   #2

Re: New Caledonia Long Term Anchorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwansbury View Post
I would like to leave my boat (6ft draft) near Noumea for the month of September but all marinas are full. Does anybody have good experience/recommendations of leaving yachts anchored (or moored) for long term in New Caledonia.
I haven't 'left' my boat unattended at anchor in Noumea, but was aboard her twice at anchor, years apart in the month of September. Your biggest challenge will be finding the space, but as I recall this was only an issue for me because I jockeyed for a spot close in. Possibilities exist for anchoring a bit farther away from the marina access. A six foot draft should not be a problem, but check your charts for confirmation. Aside from a few occasions when wind may have peaked at 18-20 knots in the anchorage, it was pretty benign. But, that was then and only my experience. Others may vary. Good luck, Noumea is a favourite of mine.
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, cal, New Caledonia