Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2016, 09:15   #76
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: How stupid are some people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
It's that old time Harley growl out those straight pipes that makes you a man or manlike.

You're doing it yer way b'God becuz it pleases you. Screw everone else. And the sewing machines they rode in on!

Sheeeeit. Hand me a beer. A real, pale, horsepissy 'merican beer, not that meal-in-a-bottle crafty stuff. I stay lean, mean, and not all that clean. And that's the way I like it. Hell yes i like it. I smell like grease, sweat and stale beer like real men --no metrosexuals aloud!-- shud.

I'm an original, a genuine throwback to the cowboy days. Better my sis on the street than my bro on a Kawasuckingsaki!

Jes saying.
Still laughin'.........
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 16:34   #77

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
It's that old time Harley growl out those straight pipes that makes you a man or manlike.
Growl?? Always sounds more like aggravated flatulence to me.

Jim
Old 22-08-2016, 17:47   #78

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:

You're doing it yer way b'God becuz it pleases you. Screw everone else. And the sewing machines they rode in on!

Sheeeeit. Hand me a beer. A real, pale, horsepissy 'merican beer, not that meal-in-a-bottle crafty stuff. I stay lean, mean, and not all that clean. And that's the way I like it. Hell yes i like it. I smell like grease, sweat and stale beer like real men --no metrosexuals aloud!-- shud.

I'm an original, a genuine throwback to the cowboy days. Better my sis on the street than my bro on a Kawasuckingsaki!

Jes saying.
Hey, what about us guys?

StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 18:04   #79

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

"Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post

I'm an original, a genuine throwback to the cowboy days. Better my sis on the street than my bro on a Kawasuckingsaki!"

Well said!
Old 22-08-2016, 20:24   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
First time i ever broke 100 mph on two wheels it was on a Kawasaki 500, a friends, I was 14 I think.
Yes, those things handled horribly, you did in fact aim them
Guy named Paul Gast I think use to drag race the 750's, shop was named Fast by Gast.
Only time I had seen Nitrous on a two stroke.

Eric Buell I think was one of the few that actually raced a TZ-750, an awesomely powerful thing.
I've owned all kinds of bike. Mostly H.D. , a 2007 FLHX now. Top speed was on a 2005 built to the nuts Susuki GSXR 1000 at 197 mph, was shooting for 200 but it set into a light front end wobble so had to back out. I like all motorcycles, love H.D.
but as the old question goes
If Harley Davidson built an airplane would you fly on it?

my answer has always been, awww hell no. LOL

So was that 500 the triple two stroke? very fast for it's day.
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 21:24   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
I've owned all kinds of bike. Mostly H.D. , a 2007 FLHX now. Top speed was on a 2005 built to the nuts Susuki GSXR 1000 at 197 mph, was shooting for 200 but it set into a light front end wobble so had to back out. I like all motorcycles, love H.D.
but as the old question goes
If Harley Davidson built an airplane would you fly on it?

my answer has always been, awww hell no. LOL

So was that 500 the triple two stroke? very fast for it's day.
I had a Honda CBX pro link 1000cc in the early 80s, third one brought into the UK.... Used to back off at 150 as I got scared. Lovely bike, well balanced.
Old 22-08-2016, 21:36   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Hey, what about us guys?

In the UK in the 70s, We used to put titanium strips on the outside of the running boards. At roundabouts, we would lean till the board just touched the ground so sparks would fly everywhere.

It took a bit of practice. Many a Lambretta would lose the mirrors on that side when things went wrong...
Old 22-08-2016, 21:53   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I had a Honda CBX pro link 1000cc in the early 80s, third one brought into the UK.... Used to back off at 150 as I got scared. Lovely bike, well balanced.
My first bike was a honda trail 90, loved that bike. I honestly think honda builds one of the best motorcycles in the world. The CBX was a wonderful machine, fast and quick handling but with a more erect sitting position, very comfortable ride.
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 21:55   #84

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Quote:

Jes saying.
Bwaaaaaha, you are a gas, man !
My kawi sounded like an airplane not a sewing machine. My atomic 4 sounds like a sewing machine. I had a Wisconsin v4 sounded better than my Harley with drag pipes, lol.
If ya like drinking horsey piss , well that ok I guess , hehe.
My dad had a Indian, but he talked a lot about guzzis.
When I asked him what the best beer was , he smiled and said 'free beer' son. And added' if it's cold , even better ' . I miss him....
He bought me a stretched bicycle with a kick start Briggs, while I was in grade school. I ran into the milk house while rounding the granary a little bit wide, when throttle stuck. Yup, I shudda laid it down. At grade school grad he gave me keys to a Mobilette ! Didn't take long to get the muffler knocked off, more like a chainsaw than a sewing mackchine ..
Metro sensuality arise ! hahaha
I'm American, Belgian -Czech descent, imho mainstream American beer is swill for pigs feed, but I'll drink it cold if that's all that's available.
I smells of sweat most of the time...and oil when I change it on my c4500 and my . ummm , Prius. Hahaha lol.
Sometimes I just kill me with this stuff...

Just sayin'.
T
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 22:03   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
My first bike was a honda trail 90, loved that bike. I honestly think honda builds one of the best motorcycles in the world. The CBX was a wonderful machine, fast and quick handling but with a more erect sitting position, very comfortable ride.
I went through the Lambretta stage when I started out. Then moved to bikes. Had Suzuki, Kawasaki etc but did indeed fall in love with Hondas. From trail bikes to big bikes to the love of my life the Gold Wing... Havent ridden seriously for a number of years and so out of touch with what is available I would not know where to start.

But it would be a Honda.
Old 22-08-2016, 22:14   #86

Quote:

Jes saying.
Bwaaaaaha, you are a gas, man !
My kawi sounded like an airplane not a sewing machine. My atomic 4 sounds like a sewing machine. I had a Wisconsin v4 on a pile driver, sounded better than my Harley with drag pipes, lol. But my hd was still a sweet bike... but not a rocket.
If ya like drinking horsey piss , well that ok I guess , hehe.
My dad had a Indian, but he talked a lot about guzzis.
When I asked him what the best beer was , he smiled and said 'free beer' son. And added' if it's cold , even better ' . I miss him....
He bought me a stretched bicycle with a kick start Briggs, while I was in grade school. I ran into the milk house while rounding the granary a little bit wide, when throttle stuck. Yup, I shudda laid it down. At grade school grad he gave me keys to a Mobilette ! Didn't take long to get the muffler knocked off, more like a chainsaw than a sewing mackchine ..
Metro sensuality arise ! hahaha
I'm American, Belgian -Czech descent, imho mainstream American beer is swill for pigs feed, but I'll drink it cold if that's all that's available.
I smells of sweat most of the time...and oil when I change it on my c4500 and my . ummm , Prius. Hahaha lol. My stale beer goes in the fry pan with the bratwurst.
Sometimes I just kill me with this stuff...

Just sayin'.
T
Old 22-08-2016, 22:18   #87

Sorry bout double post, lost my wifi for a bit,
Don't know how to delete one...
Old 23-08-2016, 05:08   #88

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: How stupid are some people?

Heh, all in good fun!

Yes, the Kawi 500 was 2 stroke. It was scary when the power kicked in. In Honolulu traffic, heavy even back in the 70s,, was never late for work (at the Kawasaki dealership outside Pearl Harbor). Man, we sold some bikes off that lot. I sold two 100s my first day on the job.

Good times.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote