Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 18:33   #1

Working Liveaboards

Hello Everyone,
My name is Brian. My wife and I are planning on ditching our 4 bedroom house and starting anew. We are in the process of selling the majority of our belongings and browsing for sailboats and marinas, specifically in Southern California.
I have been browsing these forums for a while and look forward to the wealth of knowledge that can come from a knowledgeable online community.
SailOr Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 19:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Working Liveaboards

Welcome Brian....sounds like a great plan to me. We have been living aboard now for 4yrs in Morro Bay awaiting the kids to get out of high school.
Chula Vista Marina is a good liveaboard marina on the cheap but if you want to be in the "action" you can do something more Harbor Island. But there are plenty of liveaboard slips available...you just have to walk into the office and talk to them not looking like a druggie Hobo when you ask and apply.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:16   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Brian.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Welcome Brian....sounds like a great plan to me. We have been living aboard now for 4yrs in Morro Bay awaiting the kids to get out of high school.
Chula Vista Marina is a good liveaboard marina on the cheap but if you want to be in the "action" you can do something more Harbor Island. But there are plenty of liveaboard slips available...you just have to walk into the office and talk to them not looking like a druggie Hobo when you ask and apply.
Thanks for the welcome. We are planning on flying out to San Diego to check out Chula Vista and Harbor Island. Most of the information I have found on liveaboard slips seems to be outdated. I hope our trip is productive. I will make sure i put on my good shoes before applying.
SailOr Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:29   #5

Boat: Hudson Force 50

I lived aboard in Shelter Island and it was pure HEAVEN! Currently not living aboard but spending time on the boat I see lots of anchor outs living aboard as well. Much harder conditions, but in San Diego not too hard. There are a couple folks in my mooring field that live aboard - one a family on a big cat and they are always in great times and spirits..though they do have a house to retreat if needed.
svIkani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:41   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Ikani.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:14   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOr Fly View Post
Hello Everyone,
My name is Brian. My wife and I are planning on ditching our 4 bedroom house and starting anew. We are in the process of selling the majority of our belongings and browsing for sailboats and marinas, specifically in Southern California.
I have been browsing these forums for a while and look forward to the wealth of knowledge that can come from a knowledgeable online community.
The title of your post seems to have nothing to do with the body of your post. Do you have a special talent ($$$) that you can do while living on a boat? Do you have a question? Do you just wish to just say "hello"?

OK. Hello.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard