Hi everybody, I am looking to soak up as much information as possible here. My three best friends and myself want to see the world while we are still young and before we have responsibilities that tie us down(family or financial). We are 19-23 years old. We love the Ocean (three lifeguards, all surfers/swim/water polo), your stereotypical Southern California
is to set sail within one year or less. We want to sail around the world. I am thinking that we would learn to sail then get jobs as crew on sailboats for a while to gain experience. We all four save our money
and then when we are ready to go we liquidate our possessions and gather our funds to get a boat. I am thinking Cat (based on what I have read) because of the larger deck
space and stability.
1) What size boat do you recommend?
2) How much are we looking at paying to buy an adequate boat?
3) Are there any places that would be best to pick up a used boat
(because of :lower sales taxes
; favorable exchange rates; general lower purchase
4) How can we accelerate our learning
5) Would working crew be a good idea, or would it not do much?
6) Where can we go to learn more about sailing and navigation
....I will add as I come up with more
Thanks for stoppin' by,