Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 16-07-2014, 11:18   #1

The Pursuit of Happiness...

I have joined this forum with the hopes of answering the call for needed assistance. My wife and I have charter licenses of single or multihull up to 50'. She will be finishing nursing school in the spring of 2015, and I will be taking a break from work (I am a medic) for the summer in hopes of taking some much needed time away for the two of us to dive head first into the sailing experience and explore some new lands. We want to purchase our own live aboard sailboat and circumnavigate one day. I am hoping for us to find the right captain willing to teach highly motivated and reliable green sailors what the lifestyle is all about. I would like to spend at least a month sailing and exploring. We are both 30 years old, cook well and eat healthy, learn fast, work well with others, follow orders and enjoy new challenges. I am prior Marine Corps and fire fighter/EMT. My wife was a teacher and will be a nurse in the spring of 2015. We enjoy diving and would welcome any opportunity to do so. Please feel free to contact me if you are available next summer and think we would be a good match to assist you on your voyage. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing about your plans.

Zach & Angela

zbenton8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2014, 05:15   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: The Pursuit of Happiness...

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Zach & Angela.

Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 17:36   #3

Boat: Freedom 38

Those skills are great for the cruising life style. Welcome to CF and good luck on your search. There are plenty of opportunities out there.
gamayun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:30   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cascade, Sloop, 42 - "Casual"

Aloha and welcome aboard!
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:55   #5

Boat: Tayana 58 DS

Where in the world do you live and where do you hope to cruise (before the someday circumnavigation)?
accomplice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: