Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 06:28   #1

Boat: n/a yet...
Testing the waters

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and findout if there are people in a similar situation as myself. I've really enjoied sailing for a while now and have toyed around with the idea of packing it up and cruising for a while. I'm planning on paying off the boat before I go but I won't have much in the way of savings... I do plan on working along the way...maybe sail to Puerto Rico, find a job for a while, Sail to Barbados, find a job for a while, etc... Anyone had experience with this? Also, what are the rules on anchoring? Has anyone lived aboard their boat at anchor and worked a 9-5 job using a dingey to get to and from shore? I'm wondering how much of a pain in the butt this will be but, as the cost for slips is staggering here, I don't see much other way. Also, is it legal to leave your boat at anchor someplace for an extended period of time?
Macopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:44   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Macopa,
Welcome aboard! All of your questions have been discussed on the forum before. You might want to take a little time to do some reading on the different threads. I hope you will truly live your dream.
All of the things you are doing have been done before and if you can't find something written on the threads here then post a specific question and you'll get lots of responses.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote