Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2010, 16:55   #1

Soon to Be Headed South

Alan says we all have to log in here first or the demons of the deep will be thrust upon us. Not wanting to loose the rudder on the first day out, I figure I'd better say Hello.

Getting ready to head South right after Thanksgiving, so am currently busy packing for an extended stay in the Western Caribbean. Leaving the Keys as crew on a CSY and heading to Roatan. Then hitch-hiking over to Rio Dulce to hook up with another CSY. From there, the plans keep changing. The Capt just emailed today with another change in direction, asking if it would be OK. Told him the same thing as before, "If you have no where to go and all day to get there, then anywhere is good." Three months or six months.... we don't know yet. We will decide on when to leave after we get there. Where ever that turns out to be.

Getting a new lens for my camera. Got a new stack of DVD's. Laptop's in good shape. Take lots of pictures and burn to disk. Edit and Photoshop when I get back to dry land.

Have been living in Florida since the mid-seventy's. Divorce ended that. No more boats. No more house. No more Lexus. No more dog. Didn't even get one of the cats.

Currently at the old home place staying with family in the North Carolina mountains. Cold as hell here. Low thirty's and lots of frost. Can't wait to leave all this behind.

I've been lurking on this site for several months. Then I registered because I liked what I have seen. I hope I will be able to contribute something positive in the near future. If you are looking for something about the Western Carib in the next few months, I hope I will be able to help with useful information.

Larry
AKA PandaCat (used to be my Siamese - before the divorce)
PandaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 18:48   #2

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Best of luck to you.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 19:08   #3

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCat View Post
Alan says we all have to log in here first or the demons of the deep will be thrust upon us. Not wanting to loose the rudder on the first day out, I figure I'd better say Hello.

Getting ready to head South right after Thanksgiving, so am currently busy packing for an extended stay in the Western Caribbean. Leaving the Keys as crew on a CSY and heading to Roatan. Then hitch-hiking over to Rio Dulce to hook up with another CSY. From there, the plans keep changing. The Capt just emailed today with another change in direction, asking if it would be OK. Told him the same thing as before, "If you have no where to go and all day to get there, then anywhere is good." Three months or six months.... we don't know yet. We will decide on when to leave after we get there. Where ever that turns out to be.

Getting a new lens for my camera. Got a new stack of DVD's. Laptop's in good shape. Take lots of pictures and burn to disk. Edit and Photoshop when I get back to dry land.

Have been living in Florida since the mid-seventy's. Divorce ended that. No more boats. No more house. No more Lexus. No more dog. Didn't even get one of the cats.

Currently at the old home place staying with family in the North Carolina mountains. Cold as hell here. Low thirty's and lots of frost. Can't wait to leave all this behind.

I've been lurking on this site for several months. Then I registered because I liked what I have seen. I hope I will be able to contribute something positive in the near future. If you are looking for something about the Western Carib in the next few months, I hope I will be able to help with useful information.

Larry
AKA PandaCat (used to be my Siamese - before the divorce)

Welcome and enjoy the trip.
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 05:43   #4
Eternal Member

Boat: Vancouver 36 cutter????
Send a message via Skype™ to capt_douglas
Make sure you add some kind of water protection for the camera. It can make a big difference in getting great shots.

I'd suggest getting an external hard drive since space will be limited (at least on the boats I've crewed on).

Roatan is a fine spot and the Rio Dulce a real haven for cruisers (howling monkeys, hot springs, interior South America, lots to see and do).

Have a great time, take lots of pictures, and drop us a note now and again. Who knows, you may find your next ride here.
Old 24-11-2010, 16:49   #5

Therapy, Khagan, thanks for the welcome.

Capt Doug, yeah the water thing is always a worry. If I could afford a 1 series Canon with L lenses I wouldn't have to watch out for water. But I am just a lowly amateur with wana-be equipment and asperations of greatness. {In the Redneck venacular, I'm a hack with half-ass gear and over-confident hopes} To sleep, ah to dream.

I will keep checking in here as conections are available. After leaving Miami, it will be about a week to Roatan. Will definitely log in here every chance posible.

Thanks guys.
PandaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:52   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
You might already be underway and I hope you have a great cruise.
kind regards,