Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2010, 15:49   #1

Boat: None yet
Send a message via AIM to spencer311 Send a message via Yahoo to spencer311
Question Son of a Son of Sailor

Ok, I'm new to this whole sailing thing but I know that I was born to be on the water or very nearby.

Being that I am new to all of this, I'm hoping some nice people could point me in the right direction to make my dreams become a reality. So, where to start?

I want to live on a boat for at least a year and see what life is like on the sea, preferably sailing in the tropics. My friend and I are looking to learn to sail so that we can one day own our own boat so we can go to the places we want to go. She is a certified scuba instructor and I just have the motivation to learn. (I have so many thoughts in my head now, I don't know what to type first.) I am going to school for marine biology and she is a dive instructor. We want to find someone who needs some deckhands or any sort of help so that we can learn, preferably free of charge. We are both ready to drop everything we have tying us down to the mainland so that we can get out on the water. We both have no sailing experience but are extremely eager to learn.

If any of this can be easily understood and you know what we are trying to accomplish, we would love to hear from you.

Thank you for your time and I'll post more when I get my thoughts in order.
spencer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 15:28   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
I can't help with your immediate needs but you might try clicking on Discussion Boards then go near the bottom to Crew Positions and post there too. Maybe you've already done that?
kind regards,