Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 17:46   #1

Wink Seeking Information on Boat Registration

Hi all my partner Francis and I are in the process of purchasing a Bavaria 47 in Greece and we are not sure if the Greek authorities will accept a provisional registration and issue us with a transit log while waiting for Australia to process and post the original documents back to us. If anyone has had this experience would appreciate hearing how it worked for you. Also would appreciate any advice on forms of communication e.g blogs and how to?

Cheers
Cbrunell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:01   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunell View Post
Hi all my partner Francis and I are in the process of purchasing a Bavaria 47 in Greece and we are not sure if the Greek authorities will accept a provisional registration and issue us with a transit log while waiting for Australia to process and post the original documents back to us. If anyone has had this experience would appreciate hearing how it worked for you. Also would appreciate any advice on forms of communication e.g blogs and how to?

Cheers
Don't beleive the registration is an issue for the transit log , why not just ask for it.

Dace
Old 16-08-2013, 04:16   #3

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Re: Seeking Information on Boat Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunell View Post

Cheers
Hmm I think the direct answer is NO.

To get a DEPKA/transit log you first have to get a Greek TAX number and when eventually you have that number you take it along with the SHIPS PAPERs to the Port Police. The Greek authority will not allow any other method of obtaining a transit log or a DEPKA It has all changed now and they are not as lenient as they used to be.

However there may still be ways round this situation and perhaps someone on this forum may give FACTUAL advice.

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 21:26   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Seeking Information on Boat Registration

Good luck in finding this information.

Tags
registration