Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2019, 16:46   #1

Boat: CAL 31
Seattle sailor, no network, lots of projects!

Hi everyone!

I posted here before about engine issues and am happy to report I am the owner of a new 20HP inboard. I won’t name the manufacturer to avoid casting the thread into an anti-Volvo bashthread void (oops!).

I have a 1979 Cal-31 and love it! My issue is I’m largely self taught in sailing and completely lost in maintenance. To help preserve my boat, I am asking if there are any seattle based sailors who would help me prioritize projects and help me understand what I can take on myself and which should be left to professionals. I want to learn as much as possible and have been doing dives into my quickly growing library of maintenance books (thank you Don Casey!).

Beers or the like on me!
Sluzer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 18:56   #2

Boat: 1980 Pacific International Marine 41.5
Re: Seattle sailor, no network, lots of projects!

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you located in Seattle? Are you a liveaboard? Where is your boat? I am by NO means an expert, take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I love boats and have been around them for a while. I'd be happy to go through a list with you to possibly give you an idea of what should be prioritized and what can wait.

I live onboard my boat over on Bainbridge, but work in downtown(Russell Investments Building). Be more than happy to meet and chat.

Feel free to PM me.
chowdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 21:53   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461

I liveaboard on Lake Union. I also used to own a 1970 Cal-25 so I’m familiar with the make. I’m no expert either but I’m always happy to lend a hand if you are close by!
Lifeonalean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 10:05   #4

Boat: CAL 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeonalean View Post
I liveaboard on Lake Union. I also used to own a 1970 Cal-25 so I’m familiar with the make. I’m no expert either but I’m always happy to lend a hand if you are close by!

Thanks! Same manufacturer will be helpful, I’m sure! My boat is across from Fremont brewing company! Anytime you have in the next few weeks would be so helpful. You can PM me and I’ll send over my contact info!
Sluzer07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
project, sail, seattle