Thanks for your reply, here are my replies and questions for you
I have not started the registration
procedure yet, here are my findings so far:
1. This boat is registered in SC at this time, the owner found out that he can easily transfer the registration to me within the same State for US316
2. I am planning to have my LLC purchasing
this boat, my LLC is in Nevada and I have not been able to find a way to remotely register the boat there.
3. In summary, one way to go would be to have my Nevada LLC purchasing
the boat and keep it registered in SC, I am trying to find out if this will bring any taxation to me, I dont hold a US citizenship. I am not aware of possible problems entering certain countries if the boat is owned by an LLC, let me know if you have additional information.
4. Another way to go would be to form a Delaware corporation and have the boat registered there but I have heard some countries are not honoring DE registrations...
5. I will carry all corporate and registration papers and I appear as the director of the corporation that also happens to be the pilot of the boat.
6. My boat is not going to be permanently in Cartagena
at all, I am planning to spend some 6 to 8 months while I learn in San Blas, Panama
and then I am planning to take it around the Caribbean early 2009 so I cannot consider Cartagena her home place.
Awaiting your reply,
Note: I will definitely want to sail to Venezuela
once you are there, not that far from Cartagena or San Blas.