Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 10:00   #1

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 48
Returning to boats

Hi guys / gals
UK based and recently purchases a Hartley Tahitian 14.63M.
She needs some work to bring her back to full glory which we plan to do over the coming year.

Paula
paulajayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 13:18   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Returning to boats

Welcome aboard, Paula.

Enjoy your projects, and your freedom!

Ann
Old 04-09-2015, 07:31   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF Paula!

Since you are new to this forum, let me mention a few things you might miss but that could help you more enjoy your time here:

There is an amazing amount of shared knowledge found in the thousands of threads on this forum. If one has a common question, the answers are usually there, often with different possible solutions. The trick is finding those threads and answers as they can be "lost" in the many threads, which are often not titled well.

Here are my favorite Tips for newcomers to this forum:

There are also some "social groups" within the forum that are more focused on special interests.

Here are a couple you might find interesting:

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - All Groups

Mermaids Group (206 members)
It is for women sailors and boat owners. It has 206 members. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...oup%7E%7E.html

Looking for Quick Answers?

This is the best and fastest method I have found to the answers I seek here.
Since you are relatively new to the forum, here is my favorite friendly forum search tip: Look at the menu bar on the forum pages for the drop down "Search" menu. Click on that to drop down a list of search functions. From that drop down menu select the GOOGLE CUSTOM search feature (the second box down) and then enter several different descriptive or key terms for your topic of interest. That will do a Custom google search of ONLY this site and it is likely to find answers to your questions or results for you. Note: this is VERY different from using the regular forum search box or field (which I never use because of poor search results). Also note, this is NOT found if you use the CF mobile app. It IS found if you use a web browser such as Safari, IE, Firefox, etc.

Note: The ordinary "search" field on this forum has yielded less helpful results for me when I perform searches. That is why I prefer and suggest the use of the alternative "Google Custom Search" instead. I see a very clear and big difference and find the Google Custom Search much easier for scanning (with my eyes) threads for relevant comments and information.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:48   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Hi Paula and welcome to the forum,

I'm about finished with a five year overhaul of my Pearson 42. Lots of work but very rewarding in the end.

One suggestion. If you will be living elsewhere and expect a long while before you're done, keep the boat as close to home as possible. Even a relatively short commute can quickly become a big drag on your time.

Also, post pictures. We want to see.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 14:32   #5

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Hi Paula and welcome to the forum,

I'm about finished with a five year overhaul of my Pearson 42. Lots of work but very rewarding in the end.

One suggestion. If you will be living elsewhere and expect a long while before you're done, keep the boat as close to home as possible. Even a relatively short commute can quickly become a big drag on your time.

Also, post pictures. We want to see.
Yes we have planned to move the boat so she will be only about 30 mins drive away.
paulajayne is offline   Reply With Quote