Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2016, 15:33   #1

New to the site

Hi all
Just a quick introduction after watching this site for the past 8 months I think it's great to see all the different posts from all over the world
So all I'm a self employed builder working my ass off in the uk every day not getting anywhere fast and sick of the rain so one day to soften my day I decided to buy a yacht !! Always interested me but never had the money or time to get one so after a year and half of looking I bought a c&c 27 that needs a full restoration stupidly partly to get my ageing dad a bit of fun who always wanted a boat and to get him doing something but my plan failed.
So after a couple of years struggling with work and a the loss of my mum it's now time to start fixing it up in the hope of a bit of sunshine and in redeiness to escape to a sunnier climate one day. That's a big wish for the future! !!!
Meljessharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:22   #2

Boat: C&C 25
Re: New to the site

Welcome to the forum. You will love and hate the boat. I bought a C&C 25 3 years ago, should have bought a 27. Great well built boat. Enjoy it I love mine, drops my blood preasure 20 points as soon as I step on her.
ensembull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:28   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

Fixing it up is all part of the fun, and rumour has it that the UK does get some sunny days.
Good luck with the boat, just keep looking forward to getting out on the water.
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 13:10   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome

Looking forward to getting the refurbishment underway first job is trying to get a forward hatch as a clown stole it before I bought it so anybody know of a plan for the hatch measurements so i can make one or best place to get one for my c&c 27 ??
Meljessharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 13:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meljessharry View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome

Looking forward to getting the refurbishment underway first job is trying to get a forward hatch as a clown stole it before I bought it so anybody know of a plan for the hatch measurements so i can make one or best place to get one for my c&c 27 ??
Welcome.

You will find, as you "travel" the internet, that in addition to this fine forum there are many "boat-specific" websites, formed by interested owners and/or owners associations.

In many, many cases, an internet search engine (like Google) is your very best friend.

In some cases, boat size may not matter when it comes to fittings and fixtures, so stuff for other c&c sizes may also work for you.

Other stuff, like boat electrical & plumbing systems have nothing to do with specific boats, but are "universal" for us all.

We can also point you in the right direction for "learning" stuff. This is an example: West Advisor Articles | West Marine

Good luck, happy hunting and all the best.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote