Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2004, 16:01   #1

New to Board

Hiya Gang, came across the board surfing, sweet find. We're Kel and Dave and we're in Benicia Ca. where we'll be liveaboards come the 1st of July. We are 1 year into our 5 year plan of cruising the South Pacific. We purchased Shearwater (an Ericson 36C) last June in Santa Barbara and sailed (read motored) her up to the SF Bay in July. Sold the house in Sept. and have been working on the cruising kitty and outfitting her since. the whole transition from having way to much stuff to having still too much stuff has been pretty enlightening. Still wondering where we're gonna put 25 pairs of shoes (not kidding) and an very active 50 pound dog. Yikes not to mention the pysco feline that thinks she deserves her own cabin...lol... Well hope there are other liveaboards on here that can give us words of encouragement and advice.....thanks

Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2004, 04:46   #2

Boat: 2004 Manta 42 - Perseverance
Welcome to the board and congratulations on taking the first giant step towards cruising.

We are on our second cruising boat, and the problem of too much stuff really never goes away. We have plenty of storage, but as I looked at our floating home from the shore yesterday, I realized that she was too far down on her water line for my comfort level. Being a catamaran, she is very sensitive to excess weight.

So I am already making a mental note of what is coming off the boat when we return to Ft. Lauderdale (where our storage room is located) on Tuesday. You simply won't believe how much you don't need until you start living without some of that "stuff". Did you say 25 pairs of shoes?

Fair winds,

Harriet
s/v Perseverance
Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:06   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Welcome. We are in exactly the same....Boat:-) as you. To much, no, waaay to much stuff. I can't believe what two people can accumulate.
Well if you ever get down as far as NZ, keep us posted.
Wheels

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote