Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 21:22   #16

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
pjop's advice is really good. All of the replies to your OP are the result of decades of sailing and cruising experience and will save you $ and time in reaching your goal of joining the cruising lifestyle. As pjop pointed out, starting small and learning to read the tides and currents in Puget Sound are a great primer for coastal and off shore passages. Not only will you gain experience boat handling in relatively benign waters, it will give you both a chance to sort out what it is you really need aboard, what would be 'nice' to have and what really isn't important to you. Additionally, you will meet a whole new group of sailors on the local waters who will be only too anxious to share their ideas with you. I applaud you for setting such an ambitious goal and wish you success in reaching it in the next year or so. Allow me to add my welcome to CF... Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote