Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2016, 09:29   #1

New guy here, Hello to all!!

Hello to all.
Just a little about me. Recently retired disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army, Infantry. I was born and raised in Port Angeles, Wa. Lot's of time in small power boats and did a bit of commercial fishing (salmon troller) when younger. I'm returning to my home waters after 30 years. A childhood dream was to be "one of those guys" living on, and sailing where and when they wanted. I recently bought her, my dream boat. 1980 Lancer 30. She's in great shape having been owned by a true world class pro sailer. It was to be his retirement boat, but sadly recent family health issues have changed his plans and he had to sell. What's truly incredible to me is that I didn't just get a beautiful boat but also a great friend and sailing mentor, Thank you Capt Jon. So Hello to all, I have been cruising this forum for a while and really enjoy the wealth of information and sail experience, I will be brain picking from time to time. Great forum!
Fair winds to all.
uncle stinky bob
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:37   #2

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Re: New guy here, Hello to all!!

Welcome here, and let me be the first to ask, ok where'd you get that moniker?
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Welcome here, and let me be the first to ask, ok where'd you get that moniker?
I have step children with a great sense of humor! of which I was often the butt of. Got love kids. LOL
Old 09-03-2016, 09:43   #4

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Oh yeah, the kids... mine have given me a few names like that too! BTW one of my dreamboats, that is for sale, is right in your neighborhood, I think Port Angeles, maybe Sequim... It's a Bounty II, I hear it is in great shape. I am not really shopping though, but if I were... Good luck and fair winds to you too!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 15:57   #5

Quote:
Oh yeah, the kids... mine have given me a few names like that too! BTW one of my dreamboats, that is for sale, is right in your neighborhood, I think Port Angeles, maybe Sequim... It's a Bounty II, I hear it is in great shape. I am not really shopping though, but if I were... Good luck and fair winds to you too!
Thanks for the welcome! Aren't kids are just awesome, even if we do end up with strange nick names, LOL. I think I've seen the boat your talking about, the 1959 41 Bounty II? I believe she's still in Port Angeles. She is a beautiful boat. Phil Rhodes hit a high mark with that design. I've heard that is a very well built boat. It's easy to have her on that dream list, just plain CLASSY!
Fair winds and good luck to you also!
Old 09-03-2016, 16:10   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! Aren't kids are just awesome, even if we do end up with strange nick names, LOL. I think I've seen the boat your talking about, the 1959 41 Bounty II? I believe she's still in Port Angeles. She is a beautiful boat. Phil Rhodes hit a high mark with that design. I've heard that is a very well built boat. It's easy to have her on that dream list, just plain CLASSY!
Fair winds and good luck to you also!