Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2014, 09:08   #16

Boat: Cape Dory 31
Re: New Gal

There have been some great bargains in local papers and craigslist. Some people have no idea what they are selling. There is a great support organization of CD owners at CDSOA.com.
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 09:32   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnotTied View Post
I'm about as embryonic as one can get to this. I've been a passenger and trimmed a jib or two...never been knocked out by the boom on come about....but that's about the extent of it.

But I NEED to find an interest I'm 50 years old...lol. This is my bucket list. Never going to put in to sea...strictly fresh water. Want small keel boat, I think...I'll be sailing alone...so something I can manage. Ideas? Advice

Thanks
Beverley
NOT as embryonic as you would THINK!!! Others routinely post here having casually "heard" the word sailing... And ask for help planning their first transoceanic passage....

Arrr Kansas??? (it helps ease the discomfort by saying it all piratey) Well... There's worse places... Like Corinth MS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnotTied View Post
Wow... Scanning the internet and found some wonderful little Dorys. A couple if them were. 18 ft. I'm seeing them listed anywhere from 6 K to 12k and up depending. Now would I ever live to get my hands on her. Sweet boat... Just perfect for me
The Dory would be a GREAT boat to start on... as well as TONS of others... Little Hunters... Catalina's... They're everywhere.... You don't need to approach your 12k number... The same amount of fun can be had at a fraction of the price in that size....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 09:48   #18

Boat: Key West 2020 CC

"The Dory would be a GREAT boat to start on... as well as TONS of others... Little Hunters... Catalina's... They're everywhere.... You don't need to approach your 12k number... The same amount of fun can be had at a fraction of the price in that size...."

Happy, she never really set a price range so we would just be guessing what that is. Also not sure why she would want or require a full keel like the Cape Dory's, but here is the closest decent listing I could find.
Needs some updated cushions though.

1980 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender