Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2016, 13:22   #1

New

Hey y'all! I'm new to the forums and sailing. My love and I have decided on a ten year plan to learn to sail and retire on the water. By my budget I figure we should own and be on the water in a 15 or so foot day sailer by next season taking lessons. 5 years own. Descent sized over night boat and 10 years be packing up to move aboard a 30-40' foot boat. Haven't decided what type but I've looked at numerous options and were reading everything we can get our hands on. Hope to see ya on the water soon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Jefmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 16:23   #2

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: New

Welcome to the forum...I'm always amazed that people can plan so far ahead. May all your dreams be realized.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 16:44   #3

Thanks buddy. I've got a pretty solid budget and plan for it to happen in that time frame. Should I find out along the way I'm not really a sailor I have the budget to move to a tropical island somewhere. I also see you found my other post too. Hope everyone sees it in the tongue in cheek laughable way I do. Unless of course a millionaire wants to give me their old boat. Haha

Sent from my XT1585 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Jefmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 19:03   #4

Boat: Freedom 38

Welcome, Jef, and all the best on your plans. They seem solid and you'll learn lots in the process that will help form your decisions.

Don't worry about the vitriol toward your other post. There are all types on this site, and some people can be really quick to offend, although a GoFundMe link like that raised a skeptical eyebrow for me, too. But then again, there have been crazier ideas on here
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote