Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2011, 16:46   #1

Looking for Info on Waverider / Easyrider 41'

Hi
I am a new member looking for info on a Waverider/Easyrider 41'. I have been a multihull enthusiast for many years having had a Crowther Windspeed 32' on which we won many races, a John Glennies 40 west system cruiser, and a magnificient Dufour (Nautitech) 47' lengthened to 52'. Changed circumstances now mean that I am looking at buying this 41' trimaran from an insurance company with a view to fixing the substantial damage caused by a mini-cyclone. The reason I am seeking the designer/builder is that I need such things as a sail and rigging plan. I have been told that the boat was built with glass over timber in New Plymouth, New Zealand in 1981 but all attempts to get information have failed, so far. The design is unique in as much as it has a deep centre cockpit, a forward cabin with a double and a single berth, a chart table and the head forward and the aft cabin is huge with the galley, a dinette, and two double berths. It is probably the best finished hull I have ever seen on a glass over timber boat. I would appreciate any help at all.
Rod.
Rod Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:51   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Looking for Info on Waverider / Easyrider 41'

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here and I hope you find some answers.
kind regards,
Old 06-11-2011, 20:04   #3

Re: Looking for Info on Waverider / Easyrider 41'

SkiprJohn
Thanks for the welcome. I am still getting used to this site and corresponding with like minded people.
I have had quite a bit of luck provided by a Member who put me onto the designer/builder, Dennis Lobb. I sent the Member this info.
"Thanks for the info. I have contacted Dennis Lobb who designed and built the Easyrider 41 after designing and building an AA 48 and sailing it to Tahiti, I think and sold the boat there.
He designed and built Bohemian Rhapsody for himself, being influenced by the designs of Piver and Jim Brown.
He only sold the boat here in Australia about 6-7 years ago to a couple from Mackay who had it when the mini tornado hit. Mystery solved and Dennis is quite happy to address any of my queries which is much appreciated.
Thanks again."
Absolutely fascinating when one delves into Dennis' past. He was one of the innovative early amateur trimaran designer/builders in NZ and has done some exciting sailing around the Pacific.
He also built the Castaway catamarans in Coffs Harbour, Australia which were an excellent design for tropical cruising.

Regards
Rod Cunningham
Rod Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote