Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2009, 14:45   #1

Long on Dreams - Short on Boat! SoCal

Hello in advance to all those experiences people out there who, over the course of the next few decades, will bestow upon me their knowledge and wisdom and, with luck, save me a great deal of busted knuckles wasted money and loud cursing.

I am in the Long Beach, CA area, and my significant other and I have just seriously decided to plan to "chuck it all" and be live aboards until such time as we can sail away into, well, it doesn't really matter.

She has a lot of sailing experience but 2+ decades ago, and I have next to none. We are currently in the "what do we need and want from a boat" research stage and have been doing our research for a solid year +. We have looked an mono's and cats, but cats are soo expensive to get what we want we kinda took them off the list.

Currently (and this has changed a few times now) the top of the list is the Bristol 43.3. She is a proved design that goes off shore very well (thanks to Mr. Hood) and the center cockpit design gives the big quwwn berth. No climbing over each other getting in/out is a primary need.

So, if anyone in the long beach/San Pedro area needs a weak mind and strong back to help out on a weekend day sail, please consider me. I learn fast and bring good beer.

Thank you all again,

Phil Clark
Future Cruiser and Liveaboard
Captain Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 20:41   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Hi capt. Phil and welcome to the CF. There are a number of SoCal cruisers here and a couple of them have posted for crew in the past. Enjoy the forum and good luck on your search for the boat and a crew spot!
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 13:28   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Captain Phil,
Welcome aboard! Go aboard as many boats as you can to get a feel for what you want in a liveaboard cruiser. My personal preference is 36 feet and under and I don't care for center cockpits. But, that's personal and there are many here who disagree.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote