Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2009, 19:47   #76
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
For those of you not keeping up with Teresa's blog, she just posted a great one about her Father.

Teresa, the photo of your boat with the finished cover was what I was looking for, but do you have a bigger one? Looks like it was really well done.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 14:36   #77

Boat: NorSea 27, Daphne
Thanks dacust for the kind words about my blog.
No, I do not have a bigger photo of the boat/cover. Thats the only one. Did you see the pics of the frame being built? They are on the post titled "Winter Preperations".
Teresa
LittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 21:05   #78
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFlower View Post
Thanks dacust for the kind words about my blog.
No, I do not have a bigger photo of the boat/cover. Thats the only one. Did you see the pics of the frame being built? They are on the post titled "Winter Preperations".
Teresa
Yep, I sure did. That's why I was so interested in seeing the finished rig. From the small photo it looks great. Far different from the makeshift covers that marinas hate to see on live-aboards. If everyone did that good, live-aboards wouldn't be eliminated from nearly as marinas as they currently are.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 22:16   #79

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Hi Teresa...Just discovered your blog. Stay warm and give Dory a scratch on the ear for me. Good luck in your sailing endeavors.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 23:20   #80

Boat: 1989 Carver Santego 3067 - BADFISH
Send a message via AIM to BadFish
Hey Teresa, cool blog. Little too "sweet." Well written but like to see some other emotions outta ya besides nice. Do you get angry or upset ever?

You got quite a response here, wonder why? Must be because people are really interested in your blog and charity. I think I should start a blog, but doubt anyone would want to read it. Mine wouldn't be nice. Besides, I really try to rely on me good looks to get through life.

Good luck.

Cheers

Bill
Old 27-01-2009, 23:42   #81

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
I agree BadFish...If you started a blog, I doubt anyone would want to read it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 23:54   #82

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Re Pictures:

Hi Teresa...I just want to see the other half or your butterfly tatoo..........Just Kidding...just Kidding...

Hows it going..we got a 9* artic blast here last month It was tough keeping the house warm...had a 1500 Watt heater going 24 seven on the boat and it did not keep it above freezing below the knees but thats on the hard...it dosent have the benifit of being half submerged in the water.

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 10:22   #83

@dacust, Yes the cover is a good one. It doesn't fit perfectly because I think the wooden frame was built after the cover was made, so the measurements arent perfect. But its working well.

@BadFish...to sweet? Hmmm. Perhaps you and I are different. I mean, you do call yourself "BadFish" and I'm "Little Flower." Tee hee...but seriously, I understand what you are suggesting. Have patience and keep reading. It will come I'm sure, as I get more and more comfortable with blogging and my writing.
And I think I got the response because I may have upset people initially by putting my charity's website in my signature and then the following conversation. Oh well..I live and learn, I guess. The charity no longer exists anyway. We were self funded for a while but with the economy as it is, we decided to table it.

@Stillraining...the butterfly tatoo comment was a little weird I think.
I didn't realize that you were living on your boat on the hard? Is that correct?

Teresa
Old 28-01-2009, 10:30   #84

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
So what is your mission now if the charity thing is defunct...besides staying warm?
Are you still educating on the simple living?
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 10:40   #85
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail
Cool

so your theme song is by Tom Petty? an old north florida boy that made it big. my favs are jammin me and won't back down along with runaway train.
gonesail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 19:48   #86

@James S:
Always learning about simple living! And tonight, I'm learning about solar panels! I would like to get one!!!
Teresa
Old 22-04-2009, 06:17   #87

I have a couple a 55 watt panels since about 89. They live on the coach roof and are lashed down. They certainly help out when on the mooring or anchor, in fact they top off the batts when I leave the boat for 4 or five days.

I like the fact that they are maintenance free, quiet can be stowed and even moved or removed easily.

I suspect the technology will be getting better and cheaper.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 06:29   #88

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38, S/V Invictus
Hello and Welcome

Congratulations on your purchase, a Nor'Sea is a very good boat and will keep you safe. Also, at 27 ft, she will be easier and less expensive to heat in the MA winter.

This might have been covered but I would definately do the name changing ceremony...and take the old name off the stern as soon as possible. Look up "John Vigor's non-denominational de-naming and re-naming ceremony." It is simple and fun...and really works.

I have been living aboard and cruising for just over 3 yrs now. Love it as much now as I did the day I departed Annapolis. Am as comfortable living aboard now as I was then. No worries.

Like DefJef, I use solar for power, along with occasional engine use. The trick is to fit the boat out with low draw electrical and electronics. LED's for lights, etc. I have one 125W panel, will be adding another and perhaps a small Honda 2000 generator.

Some of the best sailing I ever did was in New England. Used to cruise from RI to Cuttyhunk, the Vineyard and Nantucket every summer on a Pearson Triton 28. Those were great days.

Best of luck

John
Old 07-02-2011, 21:34   #89

Hello cruisers! Any of your going to be in the Annapolis area? The boating capitol? I'm going to be there soon. I only stopped for a short visit the last time I was there. This time I'm staying a few days. I want to know all the cool boaty places!
Teresa
Old 07-02-2011, 22:13   #90

Boat: Doven 30ft
Hi Teresa,
My name is Matthew and I am from Australia. Just been looking at your website, love it. I really like the name of your boat, I am sure your grandmother would be proud, all the best Teresa and happy sailing :-)
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote