Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 16-11-2008, 21:26   #31

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
DAN...FWIW..I had the same thoughts

I figured I must have missed some links to, as there wasent any real meat to the site...but I did like what I saw also..I think your comments are relevant and I took them all as constructive criticisms nothing more..you actually asked for your opinions
not to be taken the wrong way more then once..its hard to do mare then that.

Im sure Little flower has enough self esteem to take constructive criticism.

I cant help get the feeling some guy let this one slip through his fingers and made a big mistake.

Good-on-ya Little flower for doing what your doing...I only have one ca vet with it as a mainstream solution for even a small fraction of the population, that is...what a mess we would have on our hands if oh say 1 million of us decided to do the same thing.

Old 17-11-2008, 04:02   #32

Boat: Liberty 28 Custom Cutter - "Native Dancer" For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agur's Wish View Post
Welcome to this wonderful, terrible life! Thankfully the terribles are far outnumbered by the wonderfuls. Again, what a lovely boat!
Hey, how terrible can it be on a Tashiba 40!!! Beautiful boat and I got a bang out of your blog site.

Old 17-11-2008, 05:10   #33

Boat: NorSea 27, Daphne
Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words and suggestions. I thought them through as the gale kept me up last night...and thanks for reading my blog! I enjoy writing it and hope that you enjoy reading it.
Teresa
Old 20-11-2008, 11:33   #34

Boat: Easterly 30 manufactured in Metairie, Louisiana - s/v Lady Longlegs
Tell us about your sailing experience. Do you have a lot of experiences on boats?

"I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."
Moby Dick page 6
Easterly-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 11:58   #35

Thanks for asking, Capt. Jim. I have been sailing for twenty years and have had a USCG Master's License for 5 years. Most of my sailing work has been with Outward Bound, which is a fantastic program that I loved working for. Even though I have been sailing that long, I am still VERY much a learner. I have never owned a boat or permanently lived on a fiberglass boat until now. When I first started sailing and learned the points of sail, I thought...now I'm a sailor. Then I went cruising and learned navigation and living aboard skills and thought...now I am a sailor. Now I own my very own boat and am learning that I'm still not quite a sailor...but I'm getting there.
Teresa
Old 20-11-2008, 12:54   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFlower View Post
Thanks for asking, Capt. Jim. I have been sailing for twenty years and have had a USCG Master's License for 5 years. Most of my sailing work has been with Outward Bound, which is a fantastic program that I loved working for. Even though I have been sailing that long, I am still VERY much a learner. I have never owned a boat or permanently lived on a fiberglass boat until now. When I first started sailing and learned the points of sail, I thought...now I'm a sailor. Then I went cruising and learned navigation and living aboard skills and thought...now I am a sailor. Now I own my very own boat and am learning that I'm still not quite a sailor...but I'm getting there.
Teresa
Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

LittleFlower

This is the kind of meat I'm talking about and needs to be on your site..keep adding to it and it will be top notch.

Cheers
Old 20-11-2008, 14:22   #37
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
Dan,
That was very kindly worded.

I am always skeptical when someone shows up, and ask for donations. Does this group of well doers have any paperwork that can be followed to prove your intentions? Surely there is somewhere public a site where you are documented, so donations can be sent with a free conscious? Did I miss this documentation in your site? 20 years experience, but yet you are freaking out.

My apologies if I am wrong. I will do my best to remove my foot from my mouth. When someone ask for donations it should come with documentation. Possibly if there is no documentation they just want to be supported by those that work hard, and save money to live a simple life. One thing to remember, freedom is not free......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 14:55   #38

Boat: Liberty 28 Custom Cutter - "Native Dancer" For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
Dan,
That was very kindly worded.

I am always skeptical when someone shows up, and ask for donations. Does this group of well doers have any paperwork that can be followed to prove your intentions? Surely there is somewhere public a site where you are documented, so donations can be sent with a free conscious? Did I miss this documentation in your site? 20 years experience, but yet you are freaking out.

My apologies if I am wrong. I will do my best to remove my foot from my mouth. When someone ask for donations it should come with documentation. Possibly if there is no documentation they just want to be supported by those that work hard, and save money to live a simple life. One thing to remember, freedom is not free......i2f
Hmmmmm... tis a conundrum, isn't it?
Old 20-11-2008, 15:14   #39

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
OK, this thread is starting to make me sick. Nowhere in this thread did Teresa ask for a donation. Nowhere on this thread or on her website is Teresa "Freaking out", and her website and blog do state her intentions. I'll bet she's better than 99% of us in web design. Did it ever cross your mind that the website might not be fully finished yet? She has a teaching degree, a captains license and has worked in a non-profit highly beneficial program. Although you may not agree with her views on the environment, global warming, politics, or even her choice of yacht, SHE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO HER OPINIONS. She's not pushing anything on anyone. Dont like her opinions? Click her away. I happen to think she IS on the right track.

As cruisers, dont we ALL make choices about what to carry and leave ashore? Most cruisers are purposely simplifing their lives constantly, and often regret installing complicated gear that proves to be more trouble then its worth. I cannot see anything wrong with simplifying our lives.

Years ago, I lived aboard in Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL. Every day we would sail out to the Gulf Stream, troll, and try to catch Mahi Mahi for dinner. There was a guy we called Ogre, and whenever we crossed paths, no matter how beautiful the day was, he would say he was miserable. "Miserable, just miserable, man..." Ogre, are you out there?

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 15:24   #40
Eternal Member

Date: 1645 1: a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun2 a: a question or problem having only a conjectural answer b: an intricate and difficult problem

Very good word. It is obvious I had to look it up. No riddle, no pun, and it doesn't take an intricate answer for a simple problem.

Show us some documentation that gives reason to donate. Yeah I know I am the devil's advocate. I am not book smart, but I do hold a master's in street knowledge. Comes from the first half of my life of being raised, and living in the ghetto.
Old 20-11-2008, 15:38   #41

Hi again Teresa, I said hi to ya on your blog thingy to, I found it thru another sail sit.
I say I have to agree with Christian Van about alot of us keeping it simple out there, I know I do. No refrig, and Ice only when in port or at a mooring, other than that I fish alot, free dive and get alot of stuff, pick fruit, berries when ever I can. I do have this lap top and a small tv, but dont get on line much and tv sucks alot of DC power so I just watch news and few things, I mostly read books. Well fair winds to ya and the best of luck
Old 20-11-2008, 15:38   #42
Eternal Member

I looked for the asking of donation in her site. Thought maybe I missed it, but I did read in a post here WHAT ARE THE DONATIONS FOR. She had posted after that, and no reply to the question. Yes, I did read she was freaking about her boat situation. Nov.9th in her own writing MY FIRST TEST.

I absolutely do agree with many of her opinions, and if you wish to be her knight in shining armor. Then so be it. I am also priverledged to my own opinions, and I also offered an apology if I am wrong. No I am not Ogre. I am just skeptical, and that too is also my right. If you are sick to your stomache. Then I suggest to lean over the rail, and let it go. You will feel a lot better, but please do it downwind.

So I may be wrong about the donation, and she deserves my apology if so, but for yourself you can read about her freaking out. Your aggressive behaviour is not needed. Your opinion & debate is welcomed......i2f
Old 20-11-2008, 15:48   #43

I guess I don't understand what is going on in this thread. I have two sites, both very new.

The blog is my release for writing, which I love to do. I enjoy the writing and get a fair amount of readers each day so for me its a success and I will continue to do that.

The other site is a new non-profit that I am a part of. Yes, our credentials are on the site and soon the board of advisors will be added. One step at a time. Its slow going when the effort has been entirely self funded.

Stillraining, for clarification, are you recomending that I put my credentials on my blog?

I didn't ask for donations on this forum. In fact, I prefer to continue to keep the donations conversations exchanged in private emails. No one has to donate unless they want to. I simply listed my site after I introduced myself. I am a part of this forum because I am a new boat owner and want to share with and learn from others.

What I would like you to do is to continue reading my blog, if you enjoy it. And, if you do enjoy it please tell others to read it too. I would also like to continue to be a part of the Cruiserforum community and share and engage in chats about boats and boat life.

I am so sorry about any confusion. I guess internet chatting is difficult. I am still learning this art.
Thank you,
Teresa
Old 20-11-2008, 15:55   #44

imagine2frolic,
Thanks for letting me know which post you read "I'm freaking out" in. Its good to know how other people interpret my writing.

I think I said this about my first sail:
"I freaked out, cried that I would never be able to feel in control on my boat, and then had a great sail at the helm."

No worries, it was all good! I do get nervous at times. But I think its more because it MY OWN boat!!!! I'm used to sailing other people's boats. It all changed when I invested my entire savings in my own boat. So that part of this experience is new for me. Keep reading my blog and you'll see more adventures and ups and downs. Its good fun. Not freaking out about the entire boat situation, just a healthy nervous at times.

Thanks!
Teresa
Old 20-11-2008, 15:55   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Van H View Post
OK, this thread is starting to make me sick. Nowhere in this thread did Teresa ask for a donation. Nowhere on this thread or on her website is Teresa "Freaking out", and her website and blog do state her intentions. I'll bet she's better than 99% of us in web design. Did it ever cross your mind that the website might not be fully finished yet? She has a teaching degree, a captains license and has worked in a non-profit highly beneficial program. Although you may not agree with her views on the environment, global warming, politics, or even her choice of yacht, SHE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO HER OPINIONS. She's not pushing anything on anyone. Dont like her opinions? Click her away. I happen to think she IS on the right track.

As cruisers, dont we ALL make choices about what to carry and leave ashore? Most cruisers are purposely simplifing their lives constantly, and often regret installing complicated gear that proves to be more trouble then its worth. I cannot see anything wrong with simplifying our lives.

Years ago, I lived aboard in Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL. Every day we would sail out to the Gulf Stream, troll, and try to catch Mahi Mahi for dinner. There was a guy we called Ogre, and whenever we crossed paths, no matter how beautiful the day was, he would say he was miserable. "Miserable, just miserable, man..." Ogre, are you out there?

Geezzzee.. Christian...

If I didn't know better I might think that your avatar is a picture of you... who here is tearing her ideals down?...I dont read that anywhere an I just reread most of all the posts and other then some constructive criticism and suggestions she got atta Girls from every single person.

Yep she has me beat hands down on web material ..I could not do it..but it dosent tell you anything much either..especially about what happens with donated money which is a big oversight in my mind also..thats all thats been said so far.

I believed in Heather's story to when she started and gave her a 100 bucks toward her goal...look where that went...I will be crossing my T's and dotting my I's before giving again.

No ..there has been no foul here..just prudent questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: