Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2014, 05:43   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
I Bought A Boat!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1414064372.934309.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	90169What do I do now???... Hello all. From Australia.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 05:56   #2
Registered User
 
Sweet Chariot's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Berkeley NSW
Boat: Swanson 32
Posts: 77
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Hi Blue Dove. Welcome aboard. Where in Australia are you. I am in Wollongong NSW.

Answer to your question is " Go sail her"

Steve


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
www.sweetchariot.blog.com
Sweet Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 05:57   #3
Registered User
 
seafarer3's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 8
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Hello and Congratulations, gain experience

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
seafarer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 06:03   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
Hi Blue Dove. Welcome aboard. Where in Australia are you. I am in Wollongong NSW.

Answer to your question is " Go sail her"

Steve


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

G'day Steve
Just down the road from you - Batemans Bay.
Betty



Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 06:25   #5
Moderator
 
HappyMdRSailor's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl
Posts: 5,980
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Welcome to CF Betty!

Nice lookin' boat!
__________________
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 06:30   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer3 View Post
Hello and Congratulations, gain experience

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Thanks seafarer3


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 06:32   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Welcome to CF Betty!

Nice lookin' boat!

Thanks HappyMdRSailor👍


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 07:41   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Exiled in this desert
Boat: Smokercraft Promag 172
Posts: 18
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

WOW!, nice,,,,I am envious, : thumb:my dream is still on hold, I almost let it go of my dream.
Then I was driving down the road and saw a boat behind a fence, and I am right back to counting pennies.

I wish you all well and happy sailing.
__________________
Dixie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 07:50   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dog View Post
WOW!, nice,,,,I am envious, : thumb:my dream is still on hold, I almost let it go of my dream.
Then I was driving down the road and saw a boat behind a fence, and I am right back to counting pennies.

I wish you all well and happy sailing.

Aww thanks Dixie Dog


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 07:52   #10
Moderator
 
HappyMdRSailor's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl
Posts: 5,980
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dove View Post
Thanks HappyMdRSailor👍


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
You're welcome!

Step 2:

Put all of your money in a paper bag and pretend you don't have any...
__________________
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 13:28   #11
Senior Cruiser
 
SkiprJohn's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kea'au, Big Island, Hawaii
Boat: Cascade, Sloop, 42 - "Casual"
Posts: 14,192
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Congratulations! It's time to go sailing.
__________________
John
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 14:16   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Congratulations! It's time to go sailing.
Thankyou SkiprJohn
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 14:49   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1414097196.738980.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	90206Only working bilge pump atm. 2GPH and makes a lot of noise!


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 15:56   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gold Coast Queensland
Boat: Savage Oceanic 42
Posts: 10
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Hi there and welcome. In answer to your qusetion, as everyone else has said, is get out there as much as you can. We bought our boat 3 years ago now. At first we spent as much time sailing as we could. Just doing laps off Mooloolaba, practising going about, gybing and generally learning as much as we could. We got much better at it. When conditions or time contraints prevented us from sailing we worked on the boat, sorting out things we discovered needed attention. Six months ago, we embarked on our dream to sail the Queensland coast. I write today from Glouster island in the Whitsundays as we slowly make our way south again.
__________________
Graham andClare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 16:36   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Manitou 32
Posts: 14
Re: I Bought A Boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham andClare View Post
Hi there and welcome. In answer to your qusetion, as everyone else has said, is get out there as much as you can. We bought our boat 3 years ago now. At first we spent as much time sailing as we could. Just doing laps off Mooloolaba, practising going about, gybing and generally learning as much as we could. We got much better at it. When conditions or time contraints prevented us from sailing we worked on the boat, sorting out things we discovered needed attention. Six months ago, we embarked on our dream to sail the Queensland coast. I write today from Glouster island in the Whitsundays as we slowly make our way south again.

Thanks Graham andClare. Good onya!


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
Blue Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought a Boat with No Experience? beetlejuice30 Monohull Sailboats 30 11-12-2016 16:26
Bought an Old Boat Today! How Bad Off Am I?? James427 Construction, Maintenance & Refit 23 08-08-2008 04:21
anyone bought a new boat lately? decktapper Multihull Sailboats 26 27-07-2008 15:21
New to forum, bought 2nd boat Capt'n Carl Meets & Greets 2 09-04-2008 02:11
I just bought a boat! sgtPluck Meets & Greets 12 24-03-2008 11:43



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:31.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.